Kitten has a patch of hair missing from under the nose. HELP!

alib_18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey! I have a 4 month old kitten named Simba who has this patch of hair missing underneath his left nostril. I am really worried but I'm not able to go to vet right now because of COVID lockdown (I live in a hotspot).
20201026_152736.jpg

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Unfortunately, it's impossible for us to know what is causing this. Can you send a picture to your Vet? That might start the process and they can ask more questions to try to track down the cause.

Kittens get into all kinds of things, so it might just be a bug bite or something like that. It does look a little swollen. Does he seem bothered by it?

I know in our area, which is on again, off again a hot spot, the Vet's are taking appointments, you just can't go in with your pet. They come out to the car and pick them up and you either wait or come back later. There is a little wait for an appointment, however. I don't think what I'm seeing is an emergency.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
One thing you can do right now, regardless of what this is, is to switch from plastic bowls to ceramic or metal bowls, wash after each use with soap and water, then rinse with boiling water. That sounds like more work that it is. I do that with the feral bowls daily. It's a good habit to have.