Kitten had flaky skin that caused bald spot, has black dots.

april911nicole

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
About two weeks ago I found this sweet girl in the middle of the highway. Her eyes were completely crusted shut and she was INFESTED with fleas and lice. I took her to the vet and was told she had feline herpes virus (hence the crusted eyes) and that really all i could do about the fleas was give her a bath with dawn dish soap. I did that a couple times and she has improved TREMENDOUSLY, but tonight I noticed she had very flaky skin and her hair was falling off with that skin with no effort. I brushed her for awhile and ended up with two big bald spots. They have tiny black dots around the outside of the spots. I’m very concerned that it’s ringworm. She has been around my other 2 cats so if it’s ringworm I need to treat them as well. I go through her fur a few times a day looking for fleas and lice and have never noticed this flakiness until tonight, and I couldn’t have missed it as they’re in spots I check often because the lice were bad behind her ears. I’m trying to find a vet office that has an opening soon, but I’m hoping somebody here has an answer to calm me down until I can get her seen!
5EC63474-784A-48DB-A0B1-D620ACC3DA26.jpeg
2157DD81-61D2-45DE-804B-0D5FCE973B68.jpeg
FF3B7F16-4BC4-408C-A976-9F539F181313.jpeg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor little girl, that looks bad! I pray it isn't ringworm, which it looks like, though awfully large, I would have thought it would have spread to you or your other cats by now. the one on the right looking down from behind almost looks like it has a swollen spot in the middle, does it? It could be a reaction from the flea bites, any flea medications, or an old healing wound. the best thing would be to definitely take her to the vet and see what is going on. She is too young to be guessing......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

april911nicole

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Poor little girl, that looks bad! I pray it isn't ringworm, which it looks like, though awfully large, I would have thought it would have spread to you or your other cats by now. the one on the right looking down from behind almost looks like it has a swollen spot in the middle, does it? It could be a reaction from the flea bites, any flea medications, or an old healing wound. the best thing would be to definitely take her to the vet and see what is going on. She is too young to be guessing......
the raised spot on her ear is just part of her ear! i’m thinking it’s a reaction to the fleas because I don’t wash her head and that’s the only place the fleas can go to get away from the water. I’m taking her tomorrow to check it out! Thank you!