Kitten Gone Too Soon!

Dluce48

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My husband and I found these two kittens in our shed on Sept 25, - and we brought them into our home. They were doing good, but the Black one got sick so I took her to the vet, they gave me medication for Her, but I guess she was sicker then we thought and my little Mia passed away! the other kitten does not have a name yet, until I take it to the vet on Thurs. but it is doing well, and I don't know if it has noticed that sister is gone. RIP Mia! 20190826_205404.jpg 20190829_142813.jpg

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
They are so adorable, I am sorry that you lost one. Thanks for taking them in, and I hope that the other one is okay and lives a long life with you.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry you lost that little sweetie, I hope that your hearts heal a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for taking in these kittens. I am so sorry that Mia passed away, but at least she knew what family was during her last days on earth. Even for a short time, she knew how it was to be loved.

Rest in peace beautiful Mia. From the beginning you were probably meant to be an angel. Go now and spread your wings, and look after your sibling from high above.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some things are not meant to be.......sweet little Mia was so fortunate to know what a family and love was like before her tragically short life was ended. It may have been something she was born with, such as a bad heart, and was worse then anyone thought. There is also something called 'fading kitten syndrome' where a seemingly healthy kitten suddenly takes a turn for the worse and fades away. I think they miss their mother too much to go on. Kittens need a lot of warmth and a lot of food while they are so young, they also need emotional support and know that they are loved. Cuddle often, and provide a heated sleeping area,and everything will turn out!
Even in that short time she wormed her way into your heart, where the tie that binds your souls together will remain for eternity. She gained so very much by being taken in by you, you will be blessed for your kindness. She is at peace now, knowing her brother will be looked after by you.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all, I know how much this hurts. Try not to dwell on your loss but her gain. Thank you, and take care......RIP beautiful little Mia. You will never be forgotten, you will forever have a secure place in a loving herat. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Last edited:

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My wife and I have lost more kittens than I care to remember over the past 47 years of living with cats. Those losses seem to always hold a special kind of hurt for us, so we have some idea of loss you have just experienced.

God bless you guys for loving that little girl. So many kittens never know how that felt, even if for only a few days. Thanks to you and your husband, she did.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, little Mia, dream you deep. Your tiny pawprints are on someone's heart forever. And there are more worlds than this one to play in.

I think, sometimes, that these babies find are sent to us for a reason, and in Mia's case, the reason is clear. Because of you, her short life was filled with love. Because of you, she knew soft voices, gentle touches, a full tummy, and most of all, love. Mia knew hearth and home and hope, and love! Because of you, her passing is marked, and she is mourned (by more people than she ever knew existed).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dluce48

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you everyone for those kind words! I have lost dogs in our lives from old age, so I know the feeling of losing a loving pet, but this kitten was my first, and your right, she was around long enough to know someone out there loved her! and she didn't pass away alone, cold or hungry.

Rhall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I understand this pain and I am sorry for your loss. We adopted 2 kittens from a rescue. My little Simon (orange and white kitty) got very sick at 12 weeks. We really don't know what happened and had to have him put down. It broke my heart, he was such a sweet boy. His sister was a little lost for a bit but she now has 2 more brothers. I only had my Simon a short time, but I loved him all the same.
44932950_10156448949900923_7226603069058842624_n.jpg

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im am sorry little mia passed away so soon. The kittens in the photos look adorable. Mia is in heaven now and in peace, this is so sad my heart breaks for you, god bless you and mia :(