Kitten Feeding And Poo Troubles

AtlasThaTitan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all. My name is Sky and this is my first post here, I'm sorry if this isn't the right channel to post this one but I am desperately in need of some advice.

I recently rescued an orphaned kitten from a house nearby. He's around 4 weeks old. I've had him on the KMR and just (literally today) started weaning him. Atlas is what I consider an aggressive eater. He likes to fight for the bottle almost as if he's afraid it'll go away. I'm worried because this tends to make him eat faster and cause him tummy troubles from what I can see. Is there anything I can do to ease his worries?

As mentioned before, I started weaning him today and per some advice, we started him on a part KMR part wet kitten food slurry in the bottle. Not too long ago he pooped and it was more mushy than solid. Should I be worried or is it normal?

Thank you all for your help, I greatly appreciate it all :)

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It likely is OK. But, how often are you feeding him? It sounds like he is getting hungry between feedings. I would still give him less at one time and feed him more often. Maybe back off a bit on the food slurry so that he is not getting it every meal, but maybe every other?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AtlasThaTitan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It likely is OK. But, how often are you feeding him? It sounds like he is getting hungry between feedings. I would still give him less at one time and feed him more often. Maybe back off a bit on the food slurry so that he is not getting it every meal, but maybe every other?
Thank you for your help! I'll try doing what you suggested

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AtlasThaTitan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all. My name is Sky and this is my first post here, I'm sorry if this isn't the right channel to post this one but I am desperately in need of some advice.

I recently rescued an orphaned kitten from a house nearby. He's around 4 weeks old. I've had him on the KMR and just (literally today) started weaning him. Atlas is what I consider an aggressive eater. He likes to fight for the bottle almost as if he's afraid it'll go away. I'm worried because this tends to make him eat faster and cause him tummy troubles from what I can see. Is there anything I can do to ease his worries?

As mentioned before, I started weaning him today and per some advice, we started him on a part KMR part wet kitten food slurry in the bottle. Not too long ago he pooped and it was more mushy than solid. Should I be worried or is it normal?

Thank you all for your help, I greatly appreciate it all :)

Update!

He is doing much better. It had progressed to diarrhea so I put him back on the KMR and he is doing great. Probably gonna give him another week or two before I try weaning again.