Kitten Driving Me Crazy

Kefa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Don't let the little bugger sleep during the day. Wear him out with playtime before bed. Then feed him. Set up a bed for him IN your room OFF the floor where he can see your bed. Then when you go to bed take him in your room, put him in his bed, put your earplugs in, and lay down. No matter what he does (did I mention cat proof the room first?) do not move. You are sleeping because it is sleep time. He can see you, he can see you are sleeping, you told him where he should be. Hold fast. Do not respond. If he decides to sleep on you just move like you are stretching in your sleep to move him. Do not play with him in the bedroom or on the bed at this time.

Do it again the next night, and the next. Probably be good the first few nights to pick days where you don't have to get up and go to work. Usually they get the idea pretty quickly that the bedroom is the den and it's for sleeping.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaygravelle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm glad to know that it's him just being a kitten and hopefully grows out of it. I'll look into buying him a taller cat tree so he can sleep with me. And more play time!