Kitten doesn't want wet food

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I think a lot depends on the cat: some cats seem more tolerant of bone than others. Two teaspoons a day doesn't seem like much but I'd keep an eye on the litter box and check with the company about the bone content as well as the phosphorus if I were going to use it longterm. I think you're using it on wet food, right? If so, I'd be less concerned about that.
Yes, only wet food. Not every day. She will eat rabbit without a topper. I guess because it has tiny pieces of meat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alexus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And the final update (hopefully)!

For the past two days he's eaten his wet food to the very last bit! I've served half to him in the morning, and then the other half around noon-ish. And he even ate the pate I still had and only put out to test it one last time! So I guess being hungry really does get the kitten to eat :p I've also stopped the sprinkled dry food on top and he didn't complain either.
After he's finished his bowl at around 3pm today, I've waited 'til dinner time at 6pm to serve him his dry food. And he didn't chomp it all down, he gradually ate over the next few hours. Now at midnight (goes and checks) he has 1 mouthful of dry food left he can munch during the night if he wants to. I guess that's good :)

I will monitor his food intake for the time being and adjust the amount, but yeah. I guess he was just being fancy and I was too nice :p

But I am now REALLY happy. And fingers crossed that it will now stay like this and my little man can grow into a beautiful cat (though, he already is gorgeous) :cheerleader:

Lots of love to all the replies I got on here also. Really helpful and kind <3