Kitten Dies...

Parisswet

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten was about 8 months old. He had a severe skin problem since birth, which was non-infectious. We didn't think he would survive back then, but he was doing good those few months after birth. About a month ago, his health was deteriorating. His skin was peeling off, he looked emaciated, he had problem walking, his eyes too appeared unwell. We took him to the vet. He was diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency and he also had worms. We followed the vet's directions properly. He even appeared to be improving. But, about two days ago, he looked the worst. He wouldn't eat, we had to force feed him. His eyes were ghostly, like he got blind, his lens weren't visible, it was covered by a white membrane (it seemed), he was all skin and bones, cold and could only drag his legs. Today morning, he simply lay on his bed, wouldn't come for breakfast, and by noon, he rose on his own, and walked to the backyard all alone, and he was lying there. At first we thought he was dead. There were flies and ants around him, then we picked him up and fed him some milk with a dropper. After that he kept shifting on his back. He couldn't even rise on his own, so he kept falling back. So we picked him up and held him erect so he doesn't choke, held his mouth open. But he simply died, in our arms... We kept rubbing him till his body froze....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Parisswet

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten was about 8 months old. He had a severe skin problem since birth, which was non-infectious. We didn't think he would survive back then, but he was doing good those few months after birth. About a month ago, his health was deteriorating. His skin was peeling off, he looked emaciated, he had problem walking, his eyes too appeared unwell. We took him to the vet. He was diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency and he also had worms. We followed the vet's directions properly. He even appeared to be improving. But, about two days ago, he looked the worst. He wouldn't eat, we had to force feed him. His eyes were ghostly, like he got blind, his lens weren't visible, it was covered by a white membrane (it seemed), he was all skin and bones, cold and could only drag his legs. Today morning, he simply lay on his bed, wouldn't come for breakfast, and by noon, he rose on his own, and walked to the backyard all alone, and he was lying there. At first we thought he was dead. There were flies and ants around him, then we picked him up and fed him some milk with a dropper. After that he kept shifting on his back. He couldn't even rise on his own, so he kept falling back. So we picked him up and held him erect so he doesn't choke, held his mouth open. But he simply died, in our arms... We kept rubbing him till his body froze....
He used to look extremely dirty. And today even he was smelly.. I don't know what happened to him. Of course he was dehydrated and had worms...

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
This is such a horrible story, to hear the many afflictions that this little one had. As sad as it was to see him go, it was best for him, he is relieved to have left his painful sickly body and is healthy and happy and playing and eating in the new life, and he thanks you for trying so hard to save him. I am so so sorry that you all had to go through this hell, but he is fine now, just fine, he is strong now.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your hearts heal a bit more each day, Lord Bless you.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You filled his life with what he wanted the most, love and care. Sometimes no matter what is done, it is not enough. Why? No one will ever know. But that precious boy bonded with your heart, he will live through you now in your thoughts and memories. send him ones of comfort, of thankfulness for having him in your life, for knowing him. He follows a new path now, but will always parallel your own. He would never want you to remember him with pain, but to pass on the legacy of love he gave you, to send him thoughts of joy and happiness.
My heart goes out to you, I am thankful his suffering is over. He is at peace now, and will be thought of and honored by many on this day, as he so deserves. i will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Take care......RIP precious little boy. You will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Little One, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

You tried for him, and he knew love. Sometimes, it is all we can do. Now, he is at the Bridge, and healthy for the first time. He waits for you there, in a place where time is as nothing.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Pain must end, we know.

Genetics is still an young science, so I doubt somebody can point the cause of such a sad last step on Earth.

I can only say that sometimes the genome simply cant cope with multiple aggressive vectors (worms, bacteria, internal misfit of organs etc.). It is my supposition.

+++

That kitty had a mission on Earth - to meet You and warm your life. You know better- it does not matter the time you spent together - long or short- that's subjective.

"We picked him up and fed him some milk with a dropper." - Love never ends, players may vary.

Tears here.