Kitten crying when using litterbox

Luvmylen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone...I adopted an 12 week old kitten two days ago, and most of the time he uses the litter box, he gives two little cries first. Do you know if this is something that kittens just do? I already have a wellness exam scheduled with the shelter tomorrow and then with my vet next week, but I'm really nervous. Our other cat, whose two, ended up having bladder stones and we've only had him three months, so I'm just very anxious over our kitty crying before or during using the litter box. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thank you in advance.

catheetiem

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone...I adopted an 12 week old kitten two days ago, and most of the time he uses the litter box, he gives two little cries first. Do you know if this is something that kittens just do? I already have a wellness exam scheduled with the shelter tomorrow and then with my vet next week, but I'm really nervous. Our other cat, whose two, ended up having bladder stones and we've only had him three months, so I'm just very anxious over our kitty crying before or during using the litter box. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thank you in advance.
As long as everything's normal with what's coming out of him and he doesn't seem to be struggling to go I wouldn't worry too much. You can bring it up with the shelter and vet if you'd like though. I recently adopted a kitten too, and he did the same thing! He felt the need to let everyone know he was about to use his box haha. My old cat did the same thing when she was done in her box, she'd come out and announce she had done her business 😂