Kitten Could Be... Pregnant?!

EchoOfCanada95

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There was this female cat who had babies, but got hit by a car. The babies are around 5 months old, and I found one of them, a female torbie kitten. She is SUPER affectionate, and was rolling around on her back. I petted her stomach and felt what I thought was a tick, but it was her nipple. It is really huge, and very bright reddish-pink. She's also pretty lazy, and a bit moody, sometimes she is nice and will randomly hiss at nothing.

KatsPurrrsians

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Are all of her nipples swollen? Does she go outdoors or did she in the past month? 5 months old isn't too young to go into first heat depending on what breed influences she has in her, oriental breeds especially.
If you noticed her behavior become overly affectionate recently, such as rolling on the floor, rubbing up against you a lot, raising hind end up when petted , meowing more and wanting to get out than she was in heat. If she got out during that time then she's likely pregnant.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The best thing you could do for this kitten would be to get her spayed immediately.

She is much too young to be a mom. It is not healthy for a kitten to have kittens. Her own body is still growing, and many kittens do not make good moms.

Either spay and keep her, or take her to a no-kill rescue that will spay and re-home her so she has a bright future. :)