Kitten Bullies Older Cats And Other Kittens

tilu123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. So I adopted a kitten who was abandoned by someone (found in a box near a dump). It's been one day. I already have cats at home. A female and male, and three kittens (same age almost as the new kitten). But trouble seems to be that the new kitten is hissing at all of them. The female cat has tried to initiate licking but the kitten is not accepting the gesture. And on top of that, the new kitten is bullying the other kittens. The new kitten is literally hitting them whenever they are trying to play with him. My cats and kittens have tried to adjust to the new one but why is it that the new kitten (male) is not interested?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yournew kitten sounds like he is still fearful. The hitting is not bullying, it is him trying to protect himself from,these scary strangers. He should get over it but you may want to keep him separate from the others and introduce him to them a few minutes at a time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tilu123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is very friendly with new human beings whoever comes to meet him. But not with new cats. I have kept him separate, trying to get them together twice a day.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. Thanks rescuing that poor "abandoned" kitten. :catlove:
How old is he?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tilu123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey, he is just over a month old I guess. :) And they are becoming friends now :)