Kitten Biting

BensonG24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello again, my kitten is now 9 weeks old almost 10 and every time I put my hand near her she will grab my hand and bite it (not hard). It's definitely not an aggressive bite to get me to go away and is a more playful grab and bite, however, I was wondering what are some ways to teach her not to grab and bite cause bit by bit she is biting harder. I've tried ignoring her every time she bites, I move my hand away from her when she bites and just not let her get near my hands and finally I will pat her when she doesn't bite me. So far hasn't worked :/ so I was wondering if there are any better ways to deal with this thanks!

Olwince

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think you're describing "love biting". It's mostly about learning to read the signs of when she wants to bite. I like to think my adult cat has learned to read my signs too over the years. Now I just tense up a little bit and he knows not to bit any harder.

Kefa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Go OW! really loud when she hurts you in any way. Every time. If you are lucky like me you will end up with a gentle cat that you can still play with using your bare hands.