Kitten being pregnant

Tshields29

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I rescued this kitten at least 4 months ago. Since then I believe she is pregnant but I think she is very very young. Her belly has been getting hard and I believe I feel the kittens in her belly but she doesn't have big enough nipples I'm concerned that when she births the baby's she won't be able to feed them. I do not have any male cats that aren't fixed in the house.

Attachments

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I rescued this kitten at least 4 months ago. Since then I believe she is pregnant but I think she is very very young. Her belly has been getting hard and I believe I feel the kittens in her belly but she doesn't have big enough nipples I'm concerned that when she births the baby's she won't be able to feed them. I do not have any male cats that aren't fixed in the house.
Hi! And welcome to TCS! From these pictures it is hard to tell if she is pregnant or not but if your concern is on the size of her nipple then I don't think you have to worry. Typically, cats do have small nipples but they usually enlarge after birth... at least thats what I have seen with other cats. Pls correct me if I am wrong.
Btw she does look quite young. Have you taken her to the vet yet? A professional opinion can be very helpful in a situation like this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tshields29

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is very young, I found her in a storm drain back in May at the hotel I was working at.

HeyKat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't tell you if she's pregnant, but if she is, it's very possible she won't know how to care for her babies. I'm currently fostering the kittens of a mom who was only 4 months old when she got pregnant. She wasn't producing enough milk to feed them, so the humans had to take over.

You may want to consider a spay-abort, for your own kitten's health. If she is pregnant, it's a huge burden on her tiny body. And if she's not pregnant, something's still going on to make her tummy swell. Either way, she should see a vet and get checked out.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you for saving her! She sounds pregnant, but she also may have worms. If you found her in May, if she was already pregnant then, she would have had kittens already. Cat pregnancy runs 63-68 days.

So, IF she is pregnant, she would have mated since you took her in. Since you have no intact males, was she outside or around any males while you’ve had her?

A vet evaluation is definitely your next step. You need to know if she’s pregnant, and if she’s not, she probably needs treating for worms and parasites.

T Tshields29