Kitten ate hair tie and is now throwing up

nicoisacutie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
I have a 3 1/2 month old kitten. She ate a big hair tie this morning while I wasn't home and vomited part of it out with her food. When I got home, I gave her some wet food and she vomited it out after around 20 minutes. Her behaviour is pretty normal and she’s as active as always except that she keeps throwing up. I’m not sure what to do. I‘m not even sure that part of the hair tie is still in her as she vomited out a pretty big chunk but I can’t find the rest of the hair tie. I’m scared part of the hair tie is still in her tummy or causing some kind of blockage. She usually only poos early in the morning and she ate the hair tie today after she pooped. Should I continue giving her food and wait till the morning to see if she’ll pass the hair tie? I’m really scared I might have to go to the emergency vet today.
I’d appreciate any advice! thank you

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. You should go to the emergency vet. The fact that she is continuing to vomit is alarming. I would call first, but I am sure they will tell you to withhold food and come right in.