Kitten Anus ... is this normal?

BynxtheKitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Snapchat-1416265358.jpg

I can't tell if this looks concerning or not .. I'm new to being a pet owner and I did not anticipate how much anxiety having a 7 week old kitten would bring. The last 4 weeks has been so tough and it seems every other day there's something new to be concerned about, and a lot of it i feel like I'm just coming up with myself and its not actually too serious. Hes been to the vet several times now and they haven't mention it when I went. Just want to know if his anus is normal, when I see pictures of others cats anus's they don't slightly poke out like his.. what do you guys think?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi -welcome!
I think this is something to keep an eye on but at the moment he's probably ok, although I'm not a vet. If I may ask, what was he in for before?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He may be a little constipated. It really doesn't look bad. Give him a tiny bit of butter as a laxative. Not much, about 1/4 tsp. Make sure he isn't getting any cow's milk either, it can cause bowel problems, though not usually in such a young kitten.

BellaBlue82

Sadie rules, Julian drools, my boys rule heaven ❤
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He may be a little constipated. It really doesn't look bad. Give him a tiny bit of butter as a laxative. Not much, about 1/4 tsp. Make sure he isn't getting any cow's milk either, it can cause bowel problems, though not usually in such a young kitten.
I agree with di and bob di and bob he may be constipated. My eldest cat Casper gets this sometimes (because he's older) and his behind will look exactly like that when he's constipated and needs a little help going. I give him about 1/8 to 1/4 Miralax every few days just to try and prevent that and keep him regular.