Kitten and pitbull...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm torn! They are cute together and obviously love one another. However that dog had that kitten's head inside its mouth several times, and that kitten could have been seriously injured. And I'm not saying this because of the dog breed, it goes for any dog playing that aggressively with a kitten.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness - that's just adorable! And I love the saying at the end of the video too.

Linda, dog's mouths are very sensitive and they can be surprisingly gentle picking up and carrying things. Like their puppies, or a kitten. It looks kinda scary to us but the kitten isn't getting hurt.

My sister got a kitty, Samba, around the same time as they got their puppy, Zeus. Zeus is a Mastiff. He just turned 1 and he's around 135 pounds, and he likes nothing more than to snuggle. Not an aggressive bone in this huge dog's body. And he lllluuuuurrrrrvvvvveeessss Samba! When Samba was little(r) Zeus would carry him by the head/shoulders like the dog in the video was doing. Samba never got hurt...just wet.
Now that Samba's grown up and much more agile than Zeus, he just runs away from Zeus so he doesn't get covered in puppy drool.

But Samba is a smart kitty - he curls up with Rocco (American Bulldog) who may now be a little smaller than Zeus but Rocco is the undisputed Alpha dog in that pack! And Rocco doesn't drool.

cattoys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Very cute tandem, you can see the gentleness among them..

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
think i've watched this 20 times now. at 1:17 I laugh every single time as the kitten hops down the hallway

sent this to family and they just love it.

awesome video. interesting how long it took. that kitten went from 2 weeks to a few months old. lots bigger at the end.

byu the way, I understand the concern about the head in the mouth, but that dog clearly oogles over that kitten and minds himself. he's gentle. I don't think it's a problem. though I did cringe a little.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Too cute! My sister's friends were very concerned that their big dog was hurting their kitten, until one day they saw the kitten walk across the room and stick her head in the dogs mouth.

nit8690

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thats so great...Did you ever have to get after spike for being too rough with the kitten? Once we had to get after our older cat she got just a bit too rough with the kitten when he was really young he was really freaked out and went into a big self defense mode but ever since then they have been fine. the kitten likes to pick on the older one she will play along pin him then walk away and he will go after her again lol