Kitten Acting Strange

Divafirefly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please don't judge me on this but i am usually pretty good when it comes to taken care of kittens.

Alright so my aunt dumped her cat on us and obviously she wasnt fixed. So all my cats i have go in and out as they please so she did too. Well she had a litter of 6 kittens not sure on the day(had them outside). I bought the kittens in because we where due to have minor flooding plus i dont wont wild kittens running around. I ended up in the first week loosing 3 to sudden death, had 3 ... Then lost one more about 2 weeks later (she was twice as small as her 2 living siblings) . Now i am left with 2.

Fast forward to now, they are about 8 weeks old now. Well about 3 weeks if that the one kitten started to seizure at 1 a day for 4 days that would last about an hour and then she come out like nothing happened, playful, hungry ect. Well where 2 weeks and 3 days in counting without one. Her sister is doing fine and doesnt have them there the same age but the one who was having seizure is twice as small as her sister has anyone ever seen or dealt with a kitten like that, she doesnt eat hard food ,but she eat soft and her sibling thats twice her size eats it like a pro. When i feed her she dives in the soft food and makes a mess like she doesnt know how to eat.

Does she have a development issue?or is it something maybe naroloigical? I dont have a bunch of money to stick into a kitten right now but i have grown attached. Shes improved a lot but im still worried about her well being. And as long as she is eating and showing interest in her food and water im not too worried. But im just one of those what if peoples or what can i do.

Sorry for my grammar not so good on a cell phone typing.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! An hour long seizure for several days? My goodness, --but she hasn't had any more? Hopefully that's the end of it and it doesn't return.

I don't know what might be going on with her, but I was wondering if you could help her learn to eat by maybe giving her small amounts to lick off your finger? Something like that...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Divafirefly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom its the time it takes from the time she goes into one to the time she completely comes out. She is doing so good now but she isnt eating hard food. She eats soft food but instead of just calmly chowing down she very messy with it but she eats. Im trying to get her on hard food by crushing it into smaller bites and soaking it a bit and she takes some what to it.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:rock:

I don't know if this will help with her situation, but could you put a bottle cap or something similar in her dish to try and maybe slow her down when she's eating the soft food?

Last edited: