Kidney centric diets and Raw food.. Quick read.

jclark

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I found this ver informative.

Should I feed my cat with chronic kidney disease a raw diet?

Cift notes is cats with impaired kidney function cannot eat a high protein diet. It's not just the phosphorus levels but toxins created via the digestion of protein itself.

So when you get upset like I do when you have to do feed your cats commercial kidney-centric diet which contains lot of filler. There's a good reason why.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jclark

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi
Is your cat late stage? It is now accepted that protein only becomes an issue in later stage kidney disease.

Have you looked at Weruva WX, (being aware of the calorie content)?

Have you looked at felinecrf.org ?
[/URL]

Neither of my cats have CKD but they are on a C/D diet because one apparently suffers from FLUTD.

Tanya's site is to some degree outdated with regards to food suggestions. Food companies change their formulation is all the time.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The site author last updated this page November 2022.

https://www.felinecrf.org/canned_food_usa.htm

I used felinecrf along with several other cat food sites to drill down as much as possible and then contacted the manufacturers directly to obtain the information I needed when I had a cat who required low phos, and then low iodine.

You might have missed it above but have you looked into Weruva WX?

they are on a C/D diet because one apparently suffers from FLUTD.
Have you looked into Purina Hydra Care?

Last edited:

Dakera

Life is a long happy cat
Young Cat
Purraise
I found this ver informative.

Should I feed my cat with chronic kidney disease a raw diet?

Cift notes is cats with impaired kidney function cannot eat a high protein diet. It's not just the phosphorus levels but toxins created via the digestion of protein itself.

So when you get upset like I do when you have to do feed your cats commercial kidney-centric diet which contains lot of filler. There's a good reason why.
Sadly the website is closed… i was unable to read the article…you wouldn’t have a copy of it?

Dakera

Life is a long happy cat
Young Cat
Purraise
Did you close the popup? Once you do that, which is just a message indicating that they're not currently available to answer questions, the article is there to be read :)
Oh I’m on the phone, I’ll give it a try on the computer thanks!👍

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jclark

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sadly the website is closed… i was unable to read the article…you wouldn’t have a copy of it?
It's not closed. Just click on the "X" in upper right corner of the notice to close it.