Keep New Kitten In My Room For A Few Weeks?

BeckaM

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am getting a young kitten, around 12 weeks old, but I am not allowed to get one, my mom told me. I currently have 3 dogs, a cat, and 5 chinchillas, all to myself, and I take very good care of them, and they get a lot of attention and care. My family, (sister and mom) also has 3 more cats. Totaling our household to 4 cats, 3 dogs, and 5 chinchillas. I keep my cat and 3 dogs in my room, and occasionally kennel my dogs at night, when they misbehave. My room is decent sized, but a little bit on the small side. I keep my animals in my room when I'm home, and kennel the dogs when nobody is home, which is about 6 hours a day, spread up to about 3 hours and then a 2 hour break and another 3 hours, until someone is home to let them out. If I do not adopt this kitten, the cat will be put down. The cat is in a litter of 3 others, but had 2 other siblings who died. The person who has them cannot keep them, and have found homes for all but one. The shelter won't take him because he is too young. Any advice for keeping a kitten in my room for a few weeks, until I convince my mom that it is a good idea. I am allowed to keep music on during the day, and the smell doesn't matter, as I already have cat food and a litterbox in my room. I spend most of my time in my room, when I am not at school, and when I am gone, he will have the other cat to play with, and I did tell my sister about this, and she offered to spend time with him if I am not home. The cat would be in great care, not left all alone, and not put down. Any advice for keeping him a secret? I do have a pretty big kennel that I used to keep my cat in when he was a baby as well. And will he be okay in my bedroom? Thanks :D

Summercats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
B BeckaM
12 weeks is not too young to be separated from siblings and family. Too young does not seem an excuse a municipal shelter would be allowed to make. A no kill shelter or rescue may say no if they are currently full.
To be honest, I think you have quite a lot of pets already to care for in your household and bedroom. Wanting to help animals sometimes leads to overcrowding (despite best intentions) which is not good for the pets or people. You want to be able to give your animals all care and attention.
Maybe you could speak to a local rescue or other no kill shelter that does fostering? You can explain the situation, say you want to foster the kitten until he gets a new home. They can then list him on the website, tell you about events that showcase cats etc, however they do it. You would still be helping the kitten.