K/cals in a larger can than normal

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Where are you getting 16 from? I only see the can’s weight in grams, and no indication of volume.

If this is for your cat that needs to lose weight, this is a poor choice, as it’s both fairly high calorie and very high carb.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi Maurey Maurey I was getting 16 from 1 CUP like I calculate for dry food

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t see any mention of 1 can being a cup. If you really need calories per tablespoon then you’ll need to weigh a tablespoon of the food in grams, then divide the weight of the can by the weight of 1tbsp of food. Then you divide the calories per can by the resulting number from the previous calculation.

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks Maurey Maurey I got the 1 CUP from dry food calculations , which are different from the wet food.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The can that shows up in the link you provided states 354 grams which would be the equivalent of 12.5 ounces. I am not sure what the 'dry weight' statement means but taking that out of consideration - I would guess each ounce would be about 33 calories (415/12.5 = 33.2). The key is to find out the significance of those words - 'dry weight' - maybe talking about dry matter basis???

Did you go to their web site to look at their Feeding Calculator?

Last edited:

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I hate when the companies make larger cans! It makes it very very hard

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If their Feeding Calculator doesn't help, send them a request to clarify the calories per ounce in that can. I hope my calculation is right :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:?? Let us know what you find out!