Jynxie the cat isnt himself..

Missrosecope

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what might be wrong with Jynxie. Hes approx 7 years old. Not sure on his breed, my oldest son brought him home from a "free cat to good home" at the store... Hes a very slender looking cat from the neck down so to speak. Scronny almost but Hes always been fed well. Today I noticed a lump on the side of his face but back by his jaw, under the ear. Last week I noticed a spot(s) of ringworm ( or so I thought) on the opposite side of his neck and 2 spots on his "back of the neck" area... Hes been rubbing his face on things more than normal.. Is it cancer ?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
There are all sorts of lumps and bumps and various ways of making a guess as to whether they might be serious, but basically they are all anecdotal and I agree that the cat needs to see a vet.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could be anything from an abscess to a cyst. Please get him to the vet for a check up, diagnosis, and treatment plan.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A vet visit is in order but meanwhile look for clues such as possible food allergies, exposure to fragrances and scents in laundry/cleaning products or scented cat litters, especially those containing Febreze. Write down the possibilities and try adjustments - it is helpful if the vet knows what you have & haven't tried.