Just your thought on my breed of cat.

glenda dowden

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 3.5 year old male cat. I thought that he might be some sort of hybrid wild cat. He has some of the most interesting characteristics. For one, he has a 6th toe on one of his back feet. He has a lot of odd markings also. but also he turns very ferrell at times. He attacks me . He lets out a very odd scream and just goes. He just goes crazy. Hes very large. And his try are way bigger than the female cat that I have. I've had cats my whole life. And I have never had a cat like him. He is very interesting. His paws are larger than most cats, he makes odd barks and noises all the time. Hes very territorial also. I'm just not sure what to make of his behavior sometimes. He is I'm a very good cat dont get me wrong. Any thoughts?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

glenda dowden

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I really messed up some words in there. I meant to say his teeth were much larger than my female cat

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have pictures? It's hard to tell anything without them. But polydactyly (extra toes) isn't generally seen in wildcats.

As for his behavior, is he neutered? Intact male cats can be somewhat aggressive sometimes.

glenda dowden

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is fixed. And yes I do have tons of pics on my facebook page.

glenda dowden

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im on my phone and having a difficult time trying to figure out how to

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!.  If you have any questions about finding your way around our site, feel free to send me a private message :)

Looking forward to seeing some pics when you have the chance.  He sounds very interesting!

glenda dowden

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just managed to get one on. When I have a chance to get on the laptop I'll post many more

coatfetish

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just went to your facebook page - wow! They are gorgeous! Where did you get them? (I assume they are littermates). Those are beautiful tabby markings...maybe I've seen too many petite faced cats, but they both have broad, square muzzles - they are probably domestic ( a domestic/wild mix would be so very rare if not intentionally bred), but I can see how they look like they have a bit of wild mixed in. Something in the shape of the eyes and the muzzle...The tufted ears on the male, too...

I also saw the bite marks on your wrist - that looks nasty indeed. That's a behavior problem you need to fix, fast! But I have to say again, they are stunning!

glenda dowden

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They are actually not related. She was bought. He was found on the side of the road. And a year apart in age.

glenda dowden

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And that is actually my foot. This was a full on attack. He ran up the stairs and attacked me while I was just standing there. No reason.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They both look like your everyday average classic tabby domestic shorthairs. Pretty kitties. 

That behavior is very bad though, does he do it often or could it have been because something scared him? Has he or the other kitty gotten out so they could have picked strange smells or something?