Just payed off a credit card...

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But everytime I pay this one something happens and we are forced to use it. Usually a cat getting sick or major house issue. So if we make it a few days I think ill relax more

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations!
I hear you about unexpected expenses....that's usually what happens to us, too. But hey, it's paid off for now anyway.

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel; I can be very superstitious about things like that. Sending vibes that nothing "comes up"!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love paying off credit cards! I love it because it means it's there for an emergency, which always ends up happening - but that won't be the case for you this time!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!! I remember when I paid off mine...wow, a huge sense of relief that if anything unexpected came up, I had room.

I had almost paid it all off when I had to have a root canal and the out of pocket expense was $900. I about cried. I wasn't married at the time, so it was just me, but it still sucked.

I promised DH that before we got married I'd pay it off. At the same time, he was paying his dad back for my engagement ring, lol.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!
That's such a great feeling.

I totally understand about something always coming up. That's why I can't ever get mine paid off.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My credit card has been paid off but I did put a couple of things on it recently so it's a little over $100 now but that's nothing. I'll pay it right off. I never want a high credit card again, way too stressful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I figure its that much less interest. still have ways to go but we have been doing alot better-cat food/litter all with coupons and discounts and we arent ones to eat out that often. Cut back our grocery shopping but not where I want to be yet. I am in charge of money so makes it easier.

We have a plan in case anything goes wrong with shawn-heart murmur kitty and in cats in general(I always had it in mind but I discussed with husband more details besides just call me). and have had him drive to er clinic a time or two, well more but we went without any cats/stress and he now knows how to get there and what to do/say.

Got to take dog in for rabies but thats cheap and not worries. hes got a foot issue but adopted him from shelter that way and seems to not bother him to much except when my arthritis is acting up. Thanks guys

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also always good idea to charge a little bit and pay off in a month or two...Husband had a card and didnt use it awhile went to store and card wouldnt take we knew it has 0 on it so WAY then enough, the company cancelled the card cause it was inactive