Just Another New Guy

egofailure

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, all! My name is Paul, and I recently joined this site for two primary reasons:

• I recently adopted Sasha a little over 2 months ago. She’s almost a year and half old and super sweet.
  • I wanted to be a part of a positive, supportive “cat community.”
After growing up with my dogs as a child, I unexpectedly became a “cat fan” many years ago when adopting two lady felines became my quick-fix plan to solve a mouse problem in my apartment. Looking back, I had no clue what I was doing. I was a very young, broke, care-free single guy who barely ever purchased a cat toy or furniture. (Visiting a friend for a long weekend? No problem: I’ll just leave a ton of food in their bowls!) Despite this, Samantha and Victoria became my best buddies, adding a ton of joy to my life.

After a major life transition required re-homing, I promised to never adopt again until I was sure I’d never have to go through that painful process again. And almost 10 years later, here I am, significantly more informed.

A little about me: I’m on the East coast (US), the Clinical Director for an organization that supports adults with Intellectual and Developmental disabilities, a vegan/minimalist/fitness enthusiast, and an uncle to 6 nieces. As a behavior analyst, the behavior forum on this site is easily my favorite!

Thanks for having me. Here's a few photos of Sasha:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
kitty3.gif
to you Paul and Sasha and on behalf of at the Catsite community, a warm
8800be739c60373dd272ab23a7e3c37a.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Sasha is lovely! :hearthrob: :redheartpump: Thank you for adopting Sasha and for giving her a warm and fur-ever loving home :clapcat: Do post more photos of her and we have a special thread here just for her in Show Me Your Stripes And Spots! Tabby Cats Only ;) and many fun threads here in Fur Pictures and Videos Only! to showcase what your kitty is up to.
Also do join the current Photo of The Month contest here Featured - Competition: Picture of the Month May 2023: Cats in Black and White

The reason why you cannot edit your post is because you've just joined The Catsite and you need to be of a Young Cat Status and 20 posts and 5 days of membership and thereafter you have 120 minutes to edit your posts after submission :- Promotions and Benefits

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :thumbsup:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

egofailure

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you tabbytom tabbytom for the fantastic welcome and a wealth of information/resources. I truly appreciate it!

catloverfromwayback catloverfromwayback , thank you for the compliment! You are right -- Sasha's resemblance to Katie is clear as day. I appreciate you sharing her photo. Katie's little "pig buddy" made me laugh out loud a little.

My lone hesitation to adopting was/is my fear of loss of those very close to me. I'm sorry for yours.

In the past, I'd try to avoid thinking about it, but now, I try to face it and use it as a reminder to be in the moment. I'm hoping for many years/moments to come.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you tabbytom tabbytom for the fantastic welcome and a wealth of information/resources. I truly appreciate it!

catloverfromwayback catloverfromwayback , thank you for the compliment! You are right -- Sasha's resemblance to Katie is clear as day. I appreciate you sharing her photo. Katie's little "pig buddy" made me laugh out loud a little.

My lone hesitation to adopting was/is my fear of loss of those very close to me. I'm sorry for yours.

In the past, I'd try to avoid thinking about it, but now, I try to face it and use it as a reminder to be in the moment. I'm hoping for many years/moments to come.
You’re welcome! My dear girl’s been gone longer than I had her, now, she crossed the rainbow bridge over fourteen years ago. Bossiest little cat I’ve had, full of cattitude - is Sasha like that, too?

LOL That’s not a pig with her, it’s another cat, just a really bad angle - this is her, Miss Dinah McIver, still around.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

egofailure

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
LOL That’s not a pig with her, it’s another cat, just a really bad angle - this is her, Miss Dinah McIver, still around.
Haha, absolutely hilarious. I love her.

You’re welcome! My dear girl’s been gone longer than I had her, now, she crossed the rainbow bridge over fourteen years ago. Bossiest little cat I’ve had, full of cattitude - is Sasha like that, too?
Oh, man. Cats like Sasha (and, Katie, perhaps?) exist to prove that their species isn't any "less maintenance" than dogs. She has her routine, and we must stick to it, in addition to any additional needs she determines at any given moment. I'm a behaviorist ... so I'm (ever so) gradually shaping her behavior to be a little more polite, but that'll take a lot more time, haha.

Fortunately, she's as charming/loving as she is demanding. :lol:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and the gorgeous Sasha! Yes, you'll be able to edit shortly...and thank goodness for that...I do my very "bestest" proofreading JUST after hitting "Post Reply."

Have fun on the site! I see that you are vegan, and although I am not, I know we have several vegan members. AND there is a thread for vegans and vegetarians in the Foodies Corner subforum of The Cat Lounge. It has been inactive for a little while, but it only takes one post to get things moving again, generally! Here's the link, if you are interested. Vegetarian & Vegan Food and Lifestyle

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, man. Cats like Sasha (and, Katie, perhaps?) exist to prove that their species isn't any "less maintenance" than dogs. She has her routine, and we must stick to it, in addition to any additional needs she determines at any given moment. I'm a behaviorist ... so I'm (ever so) gradually shaping her behavior to be a little more polite, but that'll take a lot more time, haha.

Fortunately, she's as charming/loving as she is demanding. :lol:
So true!!! Katie was just like that. My current pair are not demanding in the same way (though Daisy will sit and head-butt me for attention or when she wants her Special Drink and both of them want me in the bedroom for warms). They’re very affectionate, but aren’t bossy little characters like Katie was.

Miss Dinah was internationally famous in her day. She’s been to Scotland and she met Terry Pratchett twice!