Job vibes needed for DW, Dottie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, the consolation is that Dottie could probably get a trucking job, but that's exactly what she's trying to avoid.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In the misery loves company category,
one of my daughters was laid off from her job several months ago.
She is still looking.
It's a really tough job market.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Definately not a great market to have to be looking in, but lots and lots of great job finding going out for Dottie. I'm sure something good will come up soon.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope she finds a job soon. In 2005-2006 I spent 7 months applying to jobs. Its so frustrating, and can sometimes be discouraging.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am convinced that one of the big problems with job hunting now is the internet. Anyone who posts a job is likely to get 1,000 responses, and they'll do a sort to pick out the very best.

I think when you had to at least call on an ad or go and apply in person, that very act weeded out a lot of the people who weren't serious about looking for a job.

You know there's something wrong when you apply for a job that you have experience at and actually have more than the stated requirements, and you don't even get to interview.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What type of work is she looking for? The company I work for has their corporate office in Dallas. They have positions for almost every state and overseas too. They also have several different businesses under their umbrella and is get set to merge with Xerox. Let me know and I could put in a referral for her. I would need her name and email for that. PM me if you want. I will be checking in here as much as possible until I get my new computer.