Jethro And Wicket!

MarmaladeMama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey, all!

I’m the proud mama of Jethro and Wicket. They’re both orange tabbies and rescues from the local shelter.

Jethro is my mama’s boy. He’s about 7 years old, and we’ve had him for almost six years. He was at the local humane society, and gave me a paw and the “look” through the kennel. I was in college and missed having a cat (I’ve been around cats almost continuously since I was born). He was around a year and a half and had first been brought in as a stray. He was adopted out by another family and returned not long after. I didn’t figure out the possible reasons for his being returned until we’d had him for a few weeks. My poor guy occasionally bites without provocation. And it’s not a nip. This is full on teeth and claws. But because I’m not one to give up, we’ve been working on it for six years through college apartments, moves, and several roommates. There has definitely been improvement over the years, by I do worry about children in the future. He’s never seemed to like large gatherings or particularly loud people. But I love him, and as I said, he’s a mama’s boy. He feels safest curled up on my chest and purring.

And that brings me to Wicket. He’s my little 15 month old. We got him at 9 weeks. He was found under a porch at just a few days old and one littermate remaining (the mother apparently ate the rest and had his brother in her mouth). A Good Samaritan rescued the two kittens, and a friend of mine happened to work at the Humane Society and took them in to foster. The brother didn’t make it past the first week. My little fighter took to hand raising and is now over 11 pounds of fluff and energy. And of course where Jethro is a mama’s boy, Wicket prefers my husband. We brought him home thinking that another cat would help break Jethro of his biting (it has for the most part!) and keep him company while we work during the day, and I go to school at night. We did a slow introduction over the course of a few weeks while Wicket grew. It’s been a little over a year, and they really have adapted to having each other! They play fight, groom each other, and snuggle.

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
E6727B1A-B1FE-4F86-BB28-9106BB103B8D.gif
Marmalademama, Jethro and Wicket, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
20DDE59B-9AA9-4A80-BCC3-63966E6FE48D.gif
to all of you.

Glad that you’ve joined us and you are in the right place for all things cat.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: Jethro and Wicket sound like the purr-fect kitties for you and your husband.
Better than both of them trying to share one lap! :catlove:

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the site :hithere:
Jethro and Wicket are a Beautiful pair of kitties :heartshape:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MarmaladeMama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: Jethro and Wicket sound like the purr-fect kitties for you and your husband.
Better than both of them trying to share one lap! :catlove:
It certainly doesn't stop them from trying! We often end up with Wicket right between us and Jethro on me on next to me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MarmaladeMama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to ALL of you! What beautiful cats you have!
Thanks! Love your tortie! My father-in-law used to have a tortie and a calico, and my friend who fostered Wicket has a crew of torties and calicos. For some reason orange tabbies, calicos, and torties are rather common where I live. But I feel a special connection to them because I'm also a red head ;)