Jade Goody-One year on

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if any of you know who Jade Goody was but I followed her for a long time and I was deeply saddened when she lost her battle with cervical cancer last year on mothers day. I have just watched a programme called Jade-One year without her and I am so deeply touched by it, by the way her sons have coped losing her, by how amazing Jeff is as a father to them and by the way her bravery and legacy has helped so many other women by going to get smear tests.She has made sure her boys will be looked after until they are atleast 18,education and everything. She wanted them to have the life that she didn't. She should not have died, it shocked me in the documentary how a doctor said if she was diagnosed 2 months earlier she would still be here.
I know alot of people did not like her but as she said she was like marmite, you either loved or hated her and I personally am so proud of what she achieved, I have read all her books and she did so well for saying that she had such a tough life.
R.I.P Jade, you will never be forgotten. xx

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did not know her or her work, but I googled her and that is just really sad. There are a lot of times when people are just diagnosed too late to help and that's just terrible. That is the importance of getting regular check-ups and if anything is out of the ordinary GET SEEN!.... R.I.P.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I looked up her Wikipedia page because I wasn't aware of who she was

... Rest In Peace

27 is much too young

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has saved alot of lives since her death over here as there has been a great rise in women going for regular smears. x