I've Been Watching/feeling The Kittens Move For At Least 3 Weeks But No Kittens Yet?!

Sherrym1989

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is heavily pregnant (not sure exactly when she got pregnant as she ran off 2x in one month, early August and late August) . She is huge, her nipples are huge and no fur left around them for weeks now. I have felt and seen the kittens kick for at least 3 weeks now. Is that normal? I've been told that they usually only move the last 2 weeks of pregnancy. She just turned one year old, first litter and she is pretty tiny. Hoping for a easy labour for her! Really could use some assurance that you can see kittens kick early in a tiny mommy cat

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She sounds fine. Be patient and let Mother Nature do her job. It sounds like it may be any day now.

Do you plan to spay your cat after this litter?

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like it should be soon! Are you able to keep mom inside and away from any intact males until you can get her spayed? The end always feels like it takes forever!

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As long as she is in no distress, every thing sounds perfect! It’s a waiting game and it feels like forevor! But it shouldn’t be long for her now.