I’ve Become A Rescue Human!

Nikkitadoe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It would appear that I now qualify as a “rescue human”. Apparently a female feral cat living in my tiny backyard has taken pity on the poor stray human living in the house abutting HER yard, and being a kind cat, has decided to adopt me as her “rescue human”.
She spent weeks teaching me not to leave food for her on the back porch, but instead to leave it on the roof of the back porch, by using the second floor kitchen window to place it there. (Humans don’t realize that a roof is a much safer place to leave food than a porch). Next she taught me to leave the kitchen window open when I’m home so that she can get in. Then she taught me to leave the food in a bowl on the kitchen floor (adding a bowl of fresh water was my idea). For having learned all these tricks so well I have been rewarded, not only with permission to pet her, but a BELLY SHOW (an invitation to rub her cheek so that I don’t smell quite as bad), and a dose of enthusiastic purring. She won’t let me put a flee & tick collar on her just yet, but we’re working on that. The cat carrier is coming tomorrow. Being the only thing in the house that resembles a box, I’m hoping that with the addition of a soft fuzzy blanket, she decides it’s a safe place to lounge while keeping an eye on her human. (Please don’t tell her I plan to take her on her first trip to the vet in it! If she knew that she’d never go near it.)

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! You've found the best community of cat lovers on the internet, and we're very glad to have both you and your rescuer.
:hellosmiley: :hithere:

One word of caution - we're not generally fans of flee collars. They keep the poison against the cat's skin and can be dangerous for the cat. Better to ask the vet what to use. If you already have the flee collar the best use we've found for it is to cut it up and put it in your vacuum cleaner's bag, where it will kill any flees you may vacuum up.

Congratulations on your adoption! :celebrate: :bunnydance: :party3: :banana1: :banana2::dance:

Margret

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:sigh:

A flea and a fly in a flue
Were trapped, so what could they do?
Said the fly, "Let us flee!"
Said the flea, "Let us fly!"
So they flew through a flaw in the flue.

By Ogden Nash
At least, that's the way I remember it from my childhood, though the internet says that Ogden Nash actually used the word "imprisoned" rather than "trapped." And yet, I still have trouble spelling "flea."
:geekcat:

Margret