It's Official. I Am A Blooming Idiot.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about spending 30 minutes looking for your sunglasses and they are hanging from the neck of your shirt! :doh:
Mine were inside my neon green glasses holder, on my key chain, sticking out of my pocket in plain sight. I was convinced that I had left them, keys and all, somewhere in the store. I didn't just spend 30 minutes looking for them, I had total strangers helping me to look for them, until one of them said "Neon green? You mean like that?" :doh2: :paperbag:

"I meant to do that." Still not sure why, but I must have meant to do that. :crackup:

Margret

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL. hahaha!

The other day my husband also left his phone. Somebody called him. I answered. Then I told the caller my husband was not around but he could call a number.

I gave the caller the same number.
The phone rang again. Same caller. I answered.

Then both of us got confused.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been absent-minded since my childhood and I'm proud of it !!!

Some regular "mistakes" I make :
- Putting a plate with food in the fridge instead of putting it in the microwave (and vice versa).
- Taking my work badge when I want to open the front door of my house and taking my house keys to enter the office building (it happens at least once a month)
- baking hamburgers without removing the cellophane discs

Last winter I put one of the eggs that I collected from the chicken coop in the pocket of my leather jacket. I forgot about it, until I put my hand in my pocket the next day...
It ruined my favourite jacket :argh:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'll tell you a mild one! How about texting my daughter and talking about a relative, (not nicely either), hitting the wrong button and sending it to ALL the relatives including THAT one! How about driving 140 miles round trip for an appointment that I wrote down wrong!
Oh, that pesky "reply all button" has gotten me in trouble. Once a few choice words went to one of the attorneys I worked for and I was holding my breath but he didn't catch it.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'll tell you a mild one! How about texting my daughter and talking about a relative, (not nicely either), hitting the wrong button and sending it to ALL the relatives including THAT one! How about driving 140 miles round trip for an appointment that I wrote down wrong!
Oh, that pesky "reply all button" has gotten me in trouble. Once a few choice words went to one of the attorneys I worked for and I was holding my breath but he didn't catch it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Um, you have his phone. You can delete the text.

:yeah:

Margret
No, I couldn't. We don't have the passwords for each other's phones.

It was OK. He got a large charge out of it. I blamed The Beast. He said he figured Mollipop did it. We had a good laugh.

This morning, once he got to work, I got a text: Dear, I have my phone. Just so you know.

He's a snot.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, I couldn't. We don't have the passwords for each other's phones.

It was OK. He got a large charge out of it. I blamed The Beast. He said he figured Mollipop did it. We had a good laugh.

This morning, once he got to work, I got a text: Dear, I have my phone. Just so you know.

He's a snot.
It's always the dog's fault. That's what Lilith and Sophie always went with.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Dear Richard asked me how much gas I had in the Tucson; he wanted to take it bowling last night. I gave him a $20 and said, "Not much. If you're going to take it to bowl, please put gas in it on your way home."

He got home last night and said, "Dear? I don't know what you consider 'not much', but there's well over 200 miles yet on that tank of gas." And then I remembered that I had stopped for gas earlier this week.

I'm starting to scare myself. (At least he gave me my $20 back.)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Old thread but here goes: When I was in my 20s I couldn't find a bottle opener and so intelligent me decided to poke a hole in the cap with a steak knife. Needless to say, the bottle slipped and the blade of the knife went into that webbed area between the thumb and index finger. 40 years later and I still have a scar from that.

Ironically I never felt pain from that. It just bled a lot. Pretty embarrassing too.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, when email was new, a lot of us hit that Reply All button with lots of embarrassing results.