It's National Pizza Day And National Bagel Day!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Be still my heart. Two of my favorite things. :lol:

So......

Do you like pizza? How do you like it? How about bagels?

I LOVE PIZZA! I think I could eat it for every meal and my weight will attest to that. :sigh:

I like either a very thin crust or a thick Sicilian. I rarely have Sicilian though. My very bad for you pizza favorite is chourico and extra cheese. I also rarely get tht. A typical order for us at a local place is chicken, caramelized onions, roasted red pepper and garlic. :yummy:

I also love bagels, been having been having english muffins more to cut back on the carbs. My favorite from a local place is an asiago bagel with sun dried tomato or veggie cream cheese.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite from a local place is an asiago bagel with sun dried tomato or veggie cream cheese.
That sounds tempting, I love asiago bagels too. :yummy: In my younger days I liked deep dish pizza which our fair city is well known for but as a slightly older adult I appreciate thin pizza, i.e. less carbs.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thin crust,no sauce...upside down toppings(pepperoni,sausage,onions with cheese on top). I'll do a pan pizza too. Ok,who am I kidding. I'm a guy. I'll eat any pizza I can get as long as it's hot! Ok,I'll eat cold pizza too. Damn...now I want pizza.

And a toasted bagel with a smear of cream cheese.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like pizza bagels are needed.

I'm not huge on pizza - I really don't like tomato so the sauce ruins it for me. Jets Pizza and a couple other places let you use barbecue or ranch as the sauce (I know bbq technically has tomato in it, but the flavor is so masked it's about the only thing I can eat with it) that I do like. Because I like the crust and cheese!

I know. I'm weird.

I loooove bagels. Yummy. Wish I had some now.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I miss pizza and bagels...bagels especially. The gluten free version just aren't the same, and are WAY too expensive for such disappointment. I used to love cinnmon/raisin bagels just plain - either toasted or warmed up in the oven.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh yes!! i love pizza, as well as bagels! :cloud9:

my favorite pizza is either pepperoni with extra cheese on a regular crust, or a white pizza. and my favorite bagel is pretty much any bagel, and especially an asiago bialy.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love both pizza and bagels. I have a bagel every morning and pizza as often as I can. I like the thin crust pizza. The thinner the better with olives, extra cheese and onions.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I can get behind these holidays!

My favorite pizza place is back in my hometown in another state. They do pizza best in that area. No need for Pizza Hut or Dominos! They make it thick like a Sacillian; but round. All the babies in the family have teethed on pizza crust. Their pizza is so good we don't even need toppings. Although they have a chicken-wing pizza that is amazing too! They pull the meat off chicken wings and top the pizza. It's everything delicious and unhealthy all in one bite. :cloud9: :sigh:

Otherwise I like it New York style. That's what I usually get around here. Pepperoni, banana peppers, diced tomato, basil, or mushrooms are my favorite toppings. But not all at once! I like a good BBQ chicken pizza too. I don't do fruit on pizza though. :barfgreen:

Bagels...oh bagels. I have a few in the fridge but I'm trying to be good. I don't live close enough to the bagel place I used to stop at anymore. They had the best jalapeno cheddar bagels! When I go home to visit family I usually bring a bag home. I get a variety of flavors; but mostly savory like spinach or various cheese ones depending on what they have. :anticipation:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love bagels and pizza. I like a thinner crust, not cracker thin, but thinner with pepperoni. I am sometimes naughty and get extra cheese.

We have a place here called Block's Bagels that have New York style bagels. I like either Blueberry or plain with cream cheese. I could eat one of those every morning but my love/hate relationship with my scale would turn into just a hate relationship if I did that. I reserve that for a once in a great while weekend treat.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like SAUCE on a pizza. Extra sauce and dipping sauce! I think the employees look at me kind of funny when I ask for a cup of sauce but oh well. I like a thin crust, not cracker-thin though. Pepperoni is good, no sausage. If I go to PizzaRev I get: extra sauce, mozzarella, a tiny bit of feta and bleu cheese, pepperoni, olives, mushrooms, garlic, artichoke hearts, banana peppers, some greens on top, and just a few jalapeno slices (and probably some things I'm forgetting). When I make pizza at home I put pepperoni, mushrooms, and sliced garlic (and as much sauce as I want of course). Because I don't have all the ingredients they have at PizzaRev, lol. If I have to get a regular old 2-topping chain pizza, I get pepperoni and mushrooms.

I like savory bagels. Not sweet. Asiago with sun-dried tomato is my absolute favorite! Second is an onion bagel with plain cream cheese and a slice of tomato on top.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I can get behind these holidays!

My favorite pizza place is back in my hometown in another state. They do pizza best in that area. No need for Pizza Hut or Dominos! They make it thick like a Sacillian; but round. All the babies in the family have teethed on pizza crust. Their pizza is so good we don't even need toppings. Although they have a chicken-wing pizza that is amazing too! They pull the meat off chicken wings and top the pizza. It's everything delicious and unhealthy all in one bite. :cloud9: :sigh:

Otherwise I like it New York style. That's what I usually get around here. Pepperoni, banana peppers, diced tomato, basil, or mushrooms are my favorite toppings. But not all at once! I like a good BBQ chicken pizza too. I don't do fruit on pizza though. :barfgreen:

Bagels...oh bagels. I have a few in the fridge but I'm trying to be good. I don't live close enough to the bagel place I used to stop at anymore. They had the best jalapeno cheddar bagels! When I go home to visit family I usually bring a bag home. I get a variety of flavors; but mostly savory like spinach or various cheese ones depending on what they have. :anticipation:
We have an Einstein Brothers bagel place here and they used to sell the spinach bagels. They were my favorite but they stopped selling them. I only like the savory bagels.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am really enjoying all the postings here!:) Where have I been all day not knowing that it was National Pizza Day? I guess I will have to celebrate tomorrow!
My favorite pizza is probably spinach and feta, but I do love eggplant with ricotta and red onion!
I hope everyone enjoyed their pizza and bagels! I am loving reading the posts.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have an Einstein Brothers bagel place here and they used to sell the spinach bagels. They were my favorite but they stopped selling them. I only like the savory bagels.
I think I prefer savory because I'm not generally one to mix sweet and salty and I love cream cheese on bagels. The place back home has really good cinnamon raisin bagels with actual cinnamon sugar glazed on it. It's wonderful; but better with something like peanut or almond butter than cream cheese.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bagels and pizza are the only 2 things I miss about NY. No place (IMO) does either better. It's so hard to find good pizza in Florida and bagels? Forget it. I worked with someone once who lived in Boca Raton and drove up to work where I am. He brought bagels with him once and they were the closest I've had here. Unfortunately, Boca is a hike and a half from me.

Pizza: I love thin crust with sausage and onions. I also like Sicilian but MUST have a corner piece.

Bagels: I like everything bagels best but salt, garlic and onion are high on the list. I used to put them in the oven until the outside was crisped but the inside was still warm and soft. Then I would split them and the top half would get butter. The bottom half would getcream cheese with a sprinkling of salt on top (delish). Sometimes I would add thinly sliced red onion and tomato to the cream cheese side (so good).

Cakes, pies, cookies, etc mean nothing to me. I am a bread monster. Bagels and soft pretzels are at the top of my "can't walk past it" food list. Good pizza is my #1 favorite food.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I'm a heretic here. I don't like bagels. To me, they're just tough and I don't like anything I have to wrestle to eat. I like English muffins with flavored cream cheese, though.

I love pizza, but don't put weird ingredients on it like shredded chicken, bleu cheese, feta, macaroni and cheese (!), or kale. To me, that's just NOT pizza. That's stuff on a pizza crust. I want a good pan crust with lots spicy sauce and gobs of pepperoni, Italian sausage, bell pepper, red onion, mushrooms, more pepperoni, black olives, pineapple, and great mounds of cheese. Oh, and jalapeños for my husband. What can I say? When we make our own at home, they're about 4" or 5" thick, more like a lasagna pizza. Mercy, they're fantastic! One slice is a meal.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Love, love, love pizza! Pretty much any kind of pizza (no anchovies or olives, please).

We make a lot of our own pizza. In the summer, there's nothing better than a grilled pizza. Yum!

We had pizza last night in honor of National Pizza Day. And this morning, we're having bagels! (There's a reason I look like this!)