It's here....the Christmas music has arrived!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard "Little Drummer Boy" in Wal-Mart today. I can tolerate it twice more before the season ends -- but the fourth time I hear that song, I'm climbing up a display rack and ripping the speakers out of the ceiling.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work in retail and we started playing Christmas music last week. Thankfully our cd is just 50% Christmas music until the end of the month when we get a new cd. I can only stand to listen to so much High School Musical and Hannah Montana but its better than Christmas music.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's times like this that make me glad I have my iPod on me at all times. Christmas music is good for the first couple minutes, but after you hear all 359 different versions and covers of Jingle Bells, you start to go insane. I've been there many times. Of course it doesn't help that my Mom and all of her sisters LOVE Christmas music and think they can sing

ink

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was grocery shopping at Wal-Mart today and didn't hear any xmas music. It drives me nuts when xmas lights and music start up before Thanksgiving. I think the weekend after is soon enough. Xmas drove me insane when I worked retail. Now that I don't have to, I have rediscovered the joys of xmas. Took a couple of retail free years though,LOL.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never worked in retail, so I've never had to live through hearing it so much, and I'm glad to hear Christmas music again!! I love it, especially rudolph the red nosed raindeer..that's my favorite one and I sing it to myself in my head compulsively

I am so ready for christmas...I just want my semester to be over and go skiing again and spend my Christmas at a ski resort ....I only wish though, I don't think I can afford it this year.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the xmas music, none at the shops I've been in yet. But our christmas pageant is this weekend - the official start to the xmas season so my tree will go up on Saturday.

dandi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Several years ago I read a news article about ...Sweden maybe?...Sorry, can't remember what country....Anyway, the courts in that country had put a limit on how many Christmas songs retailers could play each day because they felt it was psychological torture for retail employees to be subjected to it non-stop and it was ruining their holiday.

My memory is pretty fuzzy on this so if anyone knows more about it, plz post.
We should do something similar in the US.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^I'll have to ask my Swedish friend tomorrow if he knows anything about that.