It's been a long time

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Hi everyone!

I haven't been here in a long time. I have been sneaking around a little lately so I thought I would be polite and say hi.

Things are going great here. I got engaged last Christmas and two weeks ago we moved into our own house on a little farm (7 acres). We will be gradually turning the place back into a farm and grow organic heritage crops. We will also keep chicken, ducks and probably a few goats.
For now, we have a dog. Her name is Tessa, she's 1.5 years old and she is a gorgeous husky / golden retriever cross. She is the sweetest dog, always so eager to please. We got her from the humane society and she was not really trained (only knew "sit") but she is quickly learning "come", how to walk on a leash, not to jump on people. It also took her less than a day to learn her name (even though she did not answer to the name her previous owners had for her). We will eventually train her to pull a little cart so she can help us on the farm.

I've also just recently finished my Master's degree in history. Finally!!

The cats are doing great. Kinah is still stressed out by all the changes so she hides a lot. But when she is out of hiding, she is as super-affectionate as always.

I hope everyone is doing fine too.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lovely to hear from you! So many changes for you. Congratulations on so many things.

Stay in touch.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido nuevamente a TCS, ...Catulina
Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome BACK to TCS, Catulina, Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

I hope you find not only old members, but also new good members here, Please feel again as your home and ask whatever you need to know, there are plenty of good members and of course our tireless Mod´s to help us here!....

See you on the forums!, Glad that you re-join us!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
You have been really busy there. Good to see you back and it will be interesting to see how your farming goes. Heritage and heirloom crops are so neat as you are preserve flavors that industrial farming has lost.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello!

Congratulations on your engagement. The farm sounds great. Feel free to pick my brain once you want to start growing produce as I can advise on some websites you might want to investigate.

Please stay in touch!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Thanks everyone!
It's nice to always feel welcome here.

Originally Posted by GailC

Hello!

Congratulations on your engagement. The farm sounds great. Feel free to pick my brain once you want to start growing produce as I can advise on some websites you might want to investigate.

Please stay in touch!
If you have some websites to recommend, that would be great. So far, my experience with vegetables has been with balcony gardens. So switching from that to a few acres is a bit strange

I've started most of my seedlings inside in cups made of newspaper. Some are in my pop-up greenhouses and some are still in the house. I got around 100 varieties of veggies and herbs (13 kinds of tomatoes, 9 kinds of peppers...) and it was hard to keep myself from getting even more

I don't have any specific question that comes to mind now, but I'm sure they will come up. Do you know of any good forums for small farms or large gardens?