It's Amazon Prime Day

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's my first year being an Amazon Prime member and my first Prime Deal day. Am I missing something? I'm not impressed. :dk:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not either. I had heard that last year was the first Prime Day and it was pretty much a bust. So far, I'm not seeing anything at an exceptionally good price that I just have to have it.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I just get free shipping on amazon prime stuff and free videos. We bought a smart tv last year and it is wireless so I can stream videos. you can pay per view with the more latest stuff but I am cheap and often forget what the movie was about.

Yeah you have to be careful of some of the stuff they sell. Most of it you would be able to find in Dollar tree for much cheaper but for those who don't like shopping or need replacement parts for your electronic=batteries/cord/plug in stuff its a good place to get stuff and prime includes free two day shipping.

rickr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been a Prime member since the program's inception.  Despite the rising cost over the years, I find the program returns substantial value.  But Prime Day?  Geez.  If you think this year is unimpressive, you should have seen it last year.  That said, I did pick up a Fire Stick for my second TV - $25 vs $39, a pretty good deal.

pegleg

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They had a camera lens I really want with a decent discount but most of the offers appear to be the models of something that aren't quite as good as another brand.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to get a Fire stick but it said $25 and then when I clicked on it it changed to $35? I need to keep an eye on that. Otherwise I haven't seen anything I want :dk:.
(Found it! Only 10 minutes left, just in time)

Fire tablets are only $33.33. I bought a few last year at $42.50 each for my niece and nephew to play with. . .I'm not a fan of the OS but for a cheap tablet they aren't bad.

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
There were several good deals here, including some cosmetics at 50% off. We were looking for a new TV, as our old analog won't work after January 2017. I found a great deal on one we both liked, but just as I was about to order it my husband decided he wanted a bigger smart TV, so that's on back order. At least Prime Day made him actually look at televisions and decide what he wanted.