Its all fun and games until....

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its all fun and games until someone cracks their head on the compost bin

I was so excited about the snow yesterday (about 4in) that I was snowblowing and shoveling yesterday when hubby got home from work. I was just finishing up and so I thought I would try and start something with Hubby. I commenced to throwing snowballs in his direction until he was covered in snow. I wanted to play! Well, the snowballs weren't working so I thought that I would push and shove him out into deeper snow where I could wrestle him to the ground. It was working until we both went down right next to the garage and I managed to cut my back and crack my head on the edge of the compost bin (an old metal garbage can)

Boy am I feeling it today.

I guess that is what I get for trying to pick on hubby

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's adorable that that 2 of you ended up playing in the snow!

Hope you're feeling better soon.

oodlesofpoodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww i hope you feel better soon, but i would have done the same thing. I love the snow and always act like a big kid when there is enough to play in

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This why we should have gotten the roughhousing out of our systems when we were children!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Growing up in Southern Oregon, we had to drive up into the mountains to play in the snow. It was a huge treat to get to play in the snow, which is why I am the only one here in Ohio who looooves to get out and shovel and play in the snow. I just can't seem to convince hubby that snow is good and fun. I think that my house is the only house in town with a whole troupe of snow angels every time it snows.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

Its all fun and games until someone cracks their head on the compost bin

I was so excited about the snow yesterday (about 4in) that I was snowblowing and shoveling yesterday when hubby got home from work. I was just finishing up and so I thought I would try and start something with Hubby. I commenced to throwing snowballs in his direction until he was covered in snow. I wanted to play! Well, the snowballs weren't working so I thought that I would push and shove him out into deeper snow where I could wrestle him to the ground. It was working until we both went down right next to the garage and I managed to cut my back and crack my head on the edge of the compost bin (an old metal garbage can)

Boy am I feeling it today.

I guess that is what I get for trying to pick on hubby
Aww, that's cute though!
It sounds like you guys had fun anyway, and hopefully your head and back will be better soon!

Originally Posted by mrblanche

This why we should have gotten the roughhousing out of our systems when we were children!
Nuh-uh! Let her play if she wants to!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

I really have lost my inner child when it comes to snow. I always just seem to be too cold to enjoy it!
I still walk 1/2 mile to go sledding in winter.
You can't make me grow up!
I love the snow - just so long as we don't have the bitter cold!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand your aches and pains!! Last summer I was messing with my husband while he was washing the truck by squirting him with the hose

He got the hose from me and pretended like he was going to squirt me and I ran, tripped and landed flat on my belly.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I still walk 1/2 mile to go sledding in winter.
You can't make me grow up!
I love the snow - just so long as we don't have the bitter cold!
We have an awesome sledding hill on our property!! I still have the tobaggan that my sis and I used when we were kids but haven't used it on that hill yet.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My supervisor was off the week before Christmas and planned on going skiing. He went up to the mountain resort, put his ski boots on and started to the lodge to get his lift ticket. He looked down and noticed a piece of plastic on the ground... It was part of his ski boot! It was disentigrating as he walked. Lesson learned, do not store your ski boots in the garage when the summers are 100+ degrees and even hotter in a garage!

Well, since he couldn't go skiing, he filled the back of his pickup with snow (By hand since he didn't have a shovel) and brought it home and put it in his front yard for his daughters and all the neighborhood kids. They had a blast even though he wasn't able to go skiing.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LMAO that reminds me of the other day when I was out in the garage with BF and his brother while they were painting a truck and when we all decided to come into the house to eat dinner BF thought since I threw a snowball at him and it landed right in his...ahem..area....he would give me just a little push as I rounded the corner to go into the house!! Im the biggest flipping klutz ever made and sure enough I slid and fell right into the mountain of snow from when he plowed!!! Him and his brother thought that was hilarious!!!!! Ha freaking ha guys!! My leg still hurts from landing on it!!!!