Itching during play, skin issue?

Emar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I have a 5 yr old male dsh, he does not have fleas nor any known skin conditions. However, as soon as he starts playing, he gets suddenly becomes itchy, like that of fleas biting. This is the only time this happens and is clearly annoying to him and disruptive of his “his hunt”. Any ideas? Should I be concerned? I dont think this warrants the stress of a vet visit as he is otherwise healthy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Emar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oops, should not read “kitten”...

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you mean he stops playing, and starts to strongly scratch his ears?
or his body? stomach?
Can he be allergic to any of the materials the 'cat toy' is made of? or whatever it is that he is 'hunting'?

(I think the "kitten" badge, below your name...only refers to the number of posts...and days that you have been on the Cat Site.
Eventually, when you have more posts, then your 'badge', changes...and you get the 'edit' button appearing.)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It may be just from excitement. I have seen my cats stop suddenly and nip at an 'itch', I think they can't contain themselves and the excitement is causing their skin to 'ripple' like ours when we experience a 'rush'. If he doesn't itch at any other time I would think that is it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Emar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh! Like goosebumps! That makes sense! Thank you both :)