It was 10 degrees (-12C) here last night

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sk_pacer

LDG - glad you got your water working. Nasty when that happens.

This morning it is a balmy -8°F with a delightful SE breeze bringing a windchill of -26 and the promise of yeat another blizzard over night. Lovely, more snow to push around. Think I will break my record for snow heaps this winter. Expect spring sometime in 2012
These weary bones couldn't take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Try hay bales if you can find them. We had to put them around the base of our old farmhouse in the winter to keep the north wind from blowing under the house and freezing our pipes. They insulate better than leaves.

It was 8F here last night and right now it's a balmy 13F. I hate winter.
Yeah, we were improvising with the leaves.
It rained last night, so the leaves are all mashed down now anyway. (It's 56 degrees outside as I speak - and tomorrow the high is supposed to be freezing and the low in the low-single digits.
).

We need to get more straw for the ferals - and that's a great idea to use them for us too.
We did put insulation board all around the outside of the RV to prevent wind from whipping through underneath, and we've got the wheel wells and the engine stuffed with R-32 insulation (stuffed into contractor bags to keep the insulation from getting wet).