Is this ringworm?

Jaron27

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi so I pet and feed this alley cat at my work, but I noticed it has these scars above both eyes. Is this ringworm? Is it safe for me to pet this cat? He’s so nice and loves being pet, I can tell it’s rare for him.

Also, if it is ringworm, how likely am I to catch it? I avoid touching that area, however he has pawed at my legs a few times and I felt his claw prick my skin through my pants. I don’t think he broke the skin, but it was a sharp little poke, twice. If this is ringworm, would slight pricks like this be enough for me to catch it? Thanks in advance!

M
B5BCED10-AF57-4D8C-AE27-BAC5F4A3FBE7.jpeg

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi so I pet and feed this alley cat at my work, but I noticed it has these scars above both eyes. Is this ringworm? Is it safe for me to pet this cat? He’s so nice and loves being pet, I can tell it’s rare for him.

Also, if it is ringworm, how likely am I to catch it? I avoid touching that area, however he has pawed at my legs a few times and I felt his claw prick my skin through my pants. I don’t think he broke the skin, but it was a sharp little poke, twice. If this is ringworm, would slight pricks like this be enough for me to catch it? Thanks in advance!

MView attachment 371114
It's tough to say where the line of transmission/non transmission is. IF it's ringworm, you're more likely to get it from petting him, especially if you're not washing your hands thoroughly after.
I'm not a vet, but that doesn't look like ringworm to me. However, it's pretty hard to tell with that picture what it is/could be.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jaron27

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's tough to say where the line of transmission/non transmission is. IF it's ringworm, you're more likely to get it from petting him, especially if you're not washing your hands thoroughly after.
I'm not a vet, but that doesn't look like ringworm to me. However, it's pretty hard to tell with that picture what it is/could be.
Thank you for the reply! I didn’t have running water nearby so I used plenty of sanitizer and rubbing alcohol to clean my hands after each time I pet him, though I did wash my hands with soap a little later. Do you think the sanitizer is effective? He enjoys being pet so much, he practically begs for attention so I couldn't resist petting him 😅

kat003

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

MView attachment 371114
One of my cats has allergies(flea and seasonal) with patches like this all over him. I have also been dealing with ringworm and this doesnt look like ringworm, but if your concerned i would go to a vet.