Is this "pinking up", possibly pregnant?

nadiamorhakim

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
B856D803-862D-4E5D-9BBD-E112DFE03EE9.png
5FE6A549-B850-452E-80EA-4007EE6BFF93.png
AB21A304-D334-46D1-B4F2-382DFF420F43.jpeg

Hi everyone! So this is my female munchkin, Mochi, who's now 8 months old. I have 2 other cats, a male and a female who's also her age. (One is her half-sister, and the other one is a male pure British Shorthair). Mochi and all my kittens are yet to be spayed. I admit it's my fault on not spaying my kittens earlier.

Mochi had her first oestrus cycle around 15 March. She was in heat for 3 full days, morning till night but mostly in the morning and evening. She was restless while being in heat, kept on calling and pacing back and forth, getting into that 'crouch' position, so yes she was definitely have her first heat cycle (I've had her since she was 2 months old so I can safely confirm this is her first). My 8 months old male cat kept on trying to mounting on her and she was of course willing on letting him mount, since she was in heat. But on 18 March, I saw her and my male cat possibly 'successfully' mating. After that, she immediately stopped her "calling" and "crouching" and everything she did whilst in heat up until now.

She started sleeping a lot after that, decreased in appetite, morning sickness, moodiness, extreme affection, and many other symptoms that I've compared to on the internet.

Today I noticed her nipples looking pinkish and a bit perking up. Before this, her nipples were absolutely white coloured and small/flat. Since pinking up is an obvious sign of pregnancy, I was wondering if her nipples look like she's possibly pregnant or not? Today would be day-16 after her mating. Her tummy also looks somewhat protuding on the side.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There’s a very high chance that she’s pregnant if you saw her mating.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes. Do you wish to have kittens? If so, proceed, prepare, and wait.

If not, do make spay abort as soon you can arrange it. Medically its no problem that early.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I’ll encourage you to separate your male cat from your other female cat or she will become pregnant as well.

Can you set up a neuter appointment? Getting the male neutered will solve the problem until you can spay your females. We are a pro spay and neuter site. Do you need help finding a low cost clinic near you? Give us your city and state and we will help you look.