Is this okay?

Alysxp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone! First time poster here. My cat Jinx is pregnant, we are unsure of her due date but we know that it is very imminent and she has a minimum of around 6 babies which we were told by her vet give or take. She has been eating food as normal, has a huge amount of nesting behaviour and is insanely clingy with me but will avoid my other half! I noticed last night there was some watery discharge coming from her vulva (which seems a bit more spread than usual today) and today I noticed more colour to it a tinge of pink on the duvet where it had dried. On Friday just gone I noticed massive movement with the kittens, so much so that she was getting quite fed up with them. I was just wondering if her vulva this morning looks normal and if anyone could let me know if the dried discharge here looks okay or if it may be something to call a vet about?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks pretty normal to me, as long as it is mostly clear. If it gets thick and white/yellow/green, get her to a vet right away. it could still be a week, the kittens all line up in the birth canal and get quiet, you won't see a lot of movement, and she will suddenly seem a little smaller. Then it can STILL be a week1 I think she is getting close though, it is all just a waiting game, you sure don't want them premature. Premature kittens do not do well...

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as it's clear it's normal. If it green/yellow/extremely foul (more so than usual lol) then I would take her to the vet as it could be infection.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alysxp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This morning she keeps sitting with her legs wide open and seems to be trying to show me her back end more?

Attachments

Alysxp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has spent all night nesting and this morning she has been sick twice I think this may be down to wolfing down her food but can it happen anyway? Her back end seems very weak today as in when I stroke her her legs shake a bit? Not sure I'm yet to see more discharge but yesterday it looked like part of her mucus plug was there and on wiping it looked normal.

Attachments

Alysxp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She let me place my hand on her stomach today and I had it on there for about 20/30minutes. They are doing flips in there! I could feel legs, heads, bums! All very active and you could see it by eye as well as very strongly by hand. How much longer do you reckon?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens almost stop all movement right before birth, they are lined up and squished in the birth canal. So a while yet.......

Alysxp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ohhh, I've read there's a huge movement before the birth! Who knows I'm sure she will end up sneaking off anyway

Alysxp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has had a litter of 6 kittens and they are now 3 weeks old this week. Recently I have noticed when she is grooming them she bites at them like she would if she was hunting a mouse, I think it's for discipline as they keep trying to move away (it only happens at this time) I have not noticed any physical marks on them but they do meow in a pain like way when she does it. What should I do? Should I let this behaviour continue or intervene? She will only do it if they try to fight her off so I think it is for discipline or to assert dominance with them. All advice welcomed! It's certainly a very firm "bite" not a nip.