Is this normal?

CatHillier

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just got my 7mo girly named Tibby spayed yesterday, and she was doing well. She ate and slept like normal, and even tried jumping on her cat tree (which I swiftly removed from her room) until this morning. She had vomit on her cone and all over her face, I'm not exactly sure when it happened but it had to be early this morning. I'm not sure if that's normal? I gave her the meds I was supposed to after cleaning her up and she hasn't gotten sick since. Also, does her incision look okay? I might just be paranoid, but when she's laying normally the skin folds over, and hides most of the incision. I had to stretch her out on her back to get that picture (she didn't mind, she's very chill right now). Thank you for reading and I hope someone can help. :)

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, I'm not a vet but the incision looks ok. Keep an eye out for any more vomiting, or swelling, redness, oozy pus, a smell.

If she's not licking at the incision, you might consider taking the cone off. Try doing that temporarily, intially and see how she does :)

eevans3373

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If she's not licking at the incision, you might consider taking the cone off.
A onesie might be a good option. Some cats have a real problem with cones.

The incision looks pretty normal. Just keep an eye on it for the warning signs others have listed.