Is this normal or was it a bad can

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I open fancy feast chicken it looked off and smell like card board box. I threw it away thinking it's bad 😣😰

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The sweet "cardboard" smell can mean it's starting to go off. The can probably had a very small leak in a seam somewhere.

If you're suspicious about other cans in that batch, give the manufacturers a call. Maybe they'll send coupons for a new batch.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It doesn't sound right to me. I give Feeby FF chicken (pate) - and other flavors - all the time. Never noticed a weird smell, but I can't say I think they smell the greatest either. The off color - compared to what you normally see - would be enough to suggest it was bad. And, as Furballsmom Furballsmom said, hopefully the other cans are normal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This was a seperate can not a batch. Maybe there was a leak it had a dent but never had problem like that when I bought a few dents

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This was a seperate can not a batch. Maybe there was a leak it had a dent but never had problem like that when I bought a few dents
I never buy cans if they are dented - for that very reason. And, I generally take them to the cashier (or store manager if I see one) and point out that they are dented, just so they know. I hope they discard them (and, get a credit for them from the vendor if it happens often enough).