Is This Food Good For A Cat With Ibd

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like there is a pretty good one from the Mercola website (and it's also on amazon). Isn't gelatin pretty much just cooked collagen? I'm trying to do a bit of research and they're coming up as interchangeable, including on the ibdkitties website. "Another word for collagen is gelatin. Collagen is a scientific term for a particular protein in the body, while gelatin is a food term referring to extracted collagen."

Bone Broth – IBDKitties
I’m not sure the distinction between gelatin and collagen.

I briefly looked at this. There is a collagen supplement for cats. But there was someone else who wrote a blog saying they just sprinkle unflavored gelatin into their cats canned food. That blog recommended getting a big bottle supplement like the NOW brand over those little supermarket packets.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The collagen supplement I saw is made up of marine collagens. Given Morty’s fish allergy, maybe you should stick with a beef gelatin powder.

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The collagen supplement I saw is made up of marine collagens. Given Morty’s fish allergy, maybe you should stick with a beef gelatin powder.
Definitely, I was more just quoting the article than their recommendations. I was mainly looking at this one from mercola since it appears it's only from beef. I'm not super fond of the pink salt, but it looks like they add it to get cats/dogs to eat it. I'm going to do a little more research though because I think the NOW brand of beef gelatin also may be a good option.

USDA Certified Organic Collagen Powder for Pets (5.07 oz.) - Mercola eCommerce

Maddie36

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Maybe I will skip the vets brand, and just do the Rawz, I hate to keep switching. If Harley is anything like my other cat I had with IBD, he will try everything once or twice, and then quit eating it. The only thing he would eat was boiled chicken, which wasn't good, but at least he ate it. I never tried the Rawz.
RAWZ is awesome! Fixed my cats diarrhea issues right away.