Is This Behavior Normal?

Kittyloverr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey there, newbie cat owner here. I got a 10 week old kitten four days ago. She got spayed the same day we took her home. The shelter we got her at said she was rather shy and didn't play too much. I notice that my kitten is usually sleeping or resting during the day a lot, since we got her. But during the very early morning is when she is more active. Otherwise she usually just likes to lick my face or just sit on my lap. She's been dewormed and de-flead. She eats normally and has normal bowel movements. It's just she's not very active. I'm wondering is this normal?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Congrats on being a new cat owner. :bouquet:

It's been a long time since I've been around a young kitten, so I honestly don't remember how active they are at 10 weeks. However, she's been through a lot in 4 days - spayed and new home, so she might be just adjusting to things.

Until other members reply, I'll post some TCS articles for new cat "parents". :petcat:

First-time Cat Owner's Guide
9 Tips That Will Help Your Kitten Adapt To A New Apartment
Kitten Proofing Your Home: 13 Practical Tips
Choosing The Right Cat Toy For Your Kitten

Also this older thread is interesting:
What Was Your Cat's Behavior Like In The First Day?

Enjoy her while she's little. She'll grow up faster than you can imagine. Take lots of pictures. And post some here, if you can. ;)

How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post :camera:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittyloverr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Congrats on being a new cat owner. :bouquet:

It's been a long time since I've been around a young kitten, so I honestly don't remember how active they are at 10 weeks. However, she's been through a lot in 4 days - spayed and new home, so she might be just adjusting to things.

Until other members reply, I'll post some TCS articles for new cat "parents". :petcat:

First-time Cat Owner's Guide
9 Tips That Will Help Your Kitten Adapt To A New Apartment
Kitten Proofing Your Home: 13 Practical Tips
Choosing The Right Cat Toy For Your Kitten

Also this older thread is interesting:
What Was Your Cat's Behavior Like In The First Day?

Enjoy her while she's little. She'll grow up faster than you can imagine. Take lots of pictures. And post some here, if you can. ;)

How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post :camera:
This makes me feel a lot better, thank you so much for the welcome and advice!

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Kittens are less active after being spayed because they are uncomfortable in their lower abdominal area. Her activity level will go way up next week.