Is this a Torbie or a normal marbled cat?

Pocket310

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a friend who feeds some cats in her neighbourhood, none of them are desexed and there are a lot of kittens. Most of them are very shy but there are a few that have been bold enough to eat from the cat dishes I put out. Including the little kitten I’m about to show you. They were the least skittish and let me pat them. I can’t stop thinking about them and if they are a torbie or not.

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! Is that pic of just one of the cats? I wasn't sure, but regardless, very stunning looking! I am no expert but I think I would lean toward torbie, just because the pattern isn't completely distinct of a classic tabby, even though I think I see the 'bullseye' on the side. The cream coloring also suggests torbie.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Pocket310 Pocket310 and welcome to the forum !

Well, clearly there are two cats....see the picture that shows a hand holding onto the can!

Some pictures showing the cats from the side would be particularly helpful. (from what I can see, they're stunners, just beautiful!)

Hey Pocket310 Pocket310 - one suggestion for you.......pick up a couple of wide ceramic/stainless bowls/cereal bowls (very cheap from the 'dollar store') and use these instead of the cans....cans can be sharp enough to cut/injure a cat's sensitive mouth/lips/tongue areas, especially when it comes to getting the food out from around the bottoms)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
all cats on the pic seems to be torbies, classic torbies.

I agree re bowls! Cans may be dangerous, cuts happens easily.

If this cat is willing to let you cuddle a little, could you consider to adopt it?

And - is there some rescue group around, whom could help with spaying / neutering of the lot?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pocket310

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Pocket310 Pocket310 and welcome to the forum !

Well, clearly there are two cats....see the picture that shows a hand holding onto the can!

Some pictures showing the cats from the side would be particularly helpful. (from what I can see, they're stunners, just beautiful!)

Hey Pocket310 Pocket310 - one suggestion for you.......pick up a couple of wide ceramic/stainless bowls/cereal bowls (very cheap from the 'dollar store') and use these instead of the cans....cans can be sharp enough to cut/injure a cat's sensitive mouth/lips/tongue areas, especially when it comes to getting the food out from around the bottoms)
Thank you for the advise, will do!

Pocket310

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
all cats on the pic seems to be torbies, classic torbies.

I agree re bowls! Cans may be dangerous, cuts happens easily.

If this cat is willing to let you cuddle a little, could you consider to adopt it?

And - is there some rescue group around, whom could help with spaying / neutering of the lot?
I would LOVE to adopt them and spay them and take care of all their shots and stuff but unfortunately I am not living alone and one of my roomies is allergic. There is always a possibility though.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whoa! Stop the music!!!

BEFORE any mention (even) of "adoption" and "rescue groups", please consider this: these cats DO look to be in 'perfect', well-looked-after condition. They may well be OWNED, free-range cats (owned but allowed to roam unsupervised), perhaps not microchipped (likely). They could also be two "house cats" who recently escaped from their home.

So, just "scooping" one/both is immoral and could result in heartbreak for an unknowing/uneducated/unsuspecting but caring owner, and certainly be upsetting for the cats.

Pocket310 Pocket310 - please post back IF you have ANY intention of taking/"adopting any of these cats - in which case we can suggest some things you should first do to find out if the cats are truly unowned animals!

Pocket310

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As I said, I have spoken to the owner of the mother which as far as we know is the only wine that
Whoa! Stop the music!!!

BEFORE any mention (even) of "adoption" and "rescue groups", please consider this: these cats DO look to be in 'perfect', well-looked-after condition. They may well be OWNED, free-range cats (owned but allowed to roam unsupervised), perhaps not microchipped (likely). They could also be two "house cats" who recently escaped from their home.

So, just "scooping" one/both is immoral and could result in heartbreak for an unknowing/uneducated/unsuspecting but caring owner, and certainly be upsetting for the cats.

Pocket310 Pocket310 - please post back IF you have ANY intention of taking/"adopting any of these cats - in which case we can suggest some things you should first do to find out if the cats are truly unowned animals!
As I said, we have met who owns the mother which as far as we know is the only one that has been named. There is about 8 or more kittens and the mother has had another litter. My friend who is the owner of most of the cats has offered to let me adopt one.