Is There a "dry cough" going around that cats are getting?

horserider63

Moose, Sissy & Coco
Kitten
Purraise
Good morning, everyone, my Blue Russians seem to have this weird dry cough and dry mouth/swallowing action going on. It started with my big guy Moose and has now spread to his sisters Sissy and Coco. I strongly feel it might be caused from the cat treats we bought, although they have had them before. It seems like an allergic reaction but not sever and is over within 30 min. Coco has the strongest reaction, Moose just a cough and Sissy throws up within 10-15 min of eating food and treats. I have contacted my vet, have appt. Friday. Any suggestions on Treats that they would like (they are super picky) lol :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds to me like they are all trying to get rid of a hairball. Cats do shed more at changes of season and therefore swallow more hair. You can try something like Cat Lax or Laxetone to see if it helps.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could be allergy related, even if they've had the treats in the past. Sometimes manufacturers will change suppliers and that can result in adverse reactions. Try withholding the treats and see if they improve.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

horserider63

Moose, Sissy & Coco
Kitten
Purraise
It could be allergy related, even if they've had the treats in the past. Sometimes manufacturers will change suppliers and that can result in adverse reactions. Try withholding the treats and see if they improve.
Thank you, I thought that as well. They are not liking me very well now but are feeling better. They are the love of my life.