Is the spay incision healing properly? Question on second cat's incision

rinab9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I’m a first time cat owner and have owned these cats for about one week now. This one in particular is about 1 year old and she just got spayed on Friday 9/15. This is her surgical incision site yesterday 9/17. I tend to over worry and am extremely anxious because I want the best for them. They escape out of the e-collar cone the vet gave them but have not really licked their site. The only issue is she tends to jump a lot. I’ve attached a photo of her site. Please tell me if I should be worried or not! Thank you so much!

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The incision looks good! It's better to be concerned then it to get infected for too long. My cats have never had a cone, and I have spayed a lot of them, all have healed fine. a little licking is OK. If it hurts to jump they will stop doing it for a while, cats are amazing healers. I have seen some horrific injuries on ferals and they have healed. bless you for taking these two in and may you be blessed with many years of companionship! And thank you from teh bottom of my heart for having them neutered/spayed and giving them a much better life........

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rinab9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The incision looks good! It's better to be concerned then it to get infected for too long. My cats have never had a cone, and I have spayed a lot of them, all have healed fine. a little licking is OK. If it hurts to jump they will stop doing it for a while, cats are amazing healers. I have seen some horrific injuries on ferals and they have healed. bless you for taking these two in and may you be blessed with many years of companionship! And thank you from teh bottom of my heart for having them neutered/spayed and giving them a much better life........
Thank you so much for your kind words! I’m so relieved to hear the incision is healing properly. I’ve been so anxious and scared and probably will be until their healing period is over haha. I will post another update soon about them and their incisions!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rinab9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I’m a first time cat owner and have owned these cats for about one week now! My cats got spayed Friday 9/15, and have been in recovery since. They both aren’t in their e-collars because of removing them multiple times on their own. They don’t particularly lick or scratch their incisions. The only concern is they jump around a lot (even though we try our best to prevent it). I’m going to attach some pictures taken today, Wednesday 9/20, please tell me if I should be concerned! I noticed one of the incisions has a small bump and like it’s coming undone but I heard sometimes that isn’t a cause of concern. I just want the best for my cats and am overly anxious and worried. Thank you all for being such a great help and a welcoming community!

Hi this photo was taken just now and the site looks like there’s some blood on it. Should I take her to the vet???!

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
It is a little hard to tell from the new pics; a lump or bump might sometimes appear at an incision line, but if you are concerned about bleeding or opening, at least send the pics to the vet. If things have changed since the last responses, it is best to err on the side of caution and get a reassurance from the vet. You have already paid for a service, so this should really be included.