Is she pinking up?

halliesimpson1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! So we recently took in this cat, she’s been hanging round our porch, she’s not got a chip and was quite skinny when we took her in. And we’ve had no internet response.
so over the last week or so, I’ve noticed that her nipples seem to have grown? But I’m not sure if these look like pregnant nipples? Could anyone help! She’s hard to get a picture of as she’s quite skittish!
She’s got a vet appointment booked in next week, so I’ll be calling them to ask to check for pregnancy as after 3 weeks we are assuming she’s no one’s (lots of strays in Worksop) so she will be chipped vaxed etc. she’s already been fleaed and wormed. If she’s already pinking up is it too late for a spay abortion? We only have indoor cats and I’m not a fan of breeding just random cats so I’d rather her not have to go through this.
Thank you.
92842621-356B-4023-A8FF-311C66E33070.jpeg
2DD5FB67-3DDD-45AA-8A8D-DBB074C3C2AE.jpeg
29E8F6CA-AC0C-49DB-AEA2-9CC551D18D05.jpeg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hello! So we recently took in this cat, she’s been hanging round our porch, she’s not got a chip and was quite skinny when we took her in. And we’ve had no internet response.
so over the last week or so, I’ve noticed that her nipples seem to have grown? But I’m not sure if these look like pregnant nipples? Could anyone help! She’s hard to get a picture of as she’s quite skittish!
She’s got a vet appointment booked in next week, so I’ll be calling them to ask to check for pregnancy as after 3 weeks we are assuming she’s no one’s (lots of strays in Worksop) so she will be chipped vaxed etc. she’s already been fleaed and wormed. If she’s already pinking up is it too late for a spay abortion? We only have indoor cats and I’m not a fan of breeding just random cats so I’d rather her not have to go through this.
Thank you.
No, spay isnt too late. Although if you could arrange spaying sooner than the scheduled occasion would be even better. (also, forewarn the vet when you visit, it wont be just the planned check up, but really - spaying).

I have seen a british veterinary handbook, when they even recommended to make the spaying at this time... Why? Because in this way they were SURE she wouldnt be in heat during the surgery...

An experienced vet surgeon manage also spay during heat, but it is more complicated... And as we see, if a vet must choose, so they have less problems with spaying in early pregnancy than during heat...

Late pregnancy is doable too, for an skilled surgeon, but its no fun for anybody...

EDIT Unlucky typo taken away.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

halliesimpson1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! Just in case anyone is interested- I forgot to update! She was indeed pregnant, but she’s been spayed and microchipped and vaccinated. But I’ve been approved to foster a litter of 3 kittens which she is nursing. So hopefully 4 lives have been improved from this :)

halliesimpson1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She was indeed pregnant, but she’s been spayed and microchipped and vaccinated. But I’ve been approved to foster a litter of 3 kittens which she is nursing. So hopefully 4 lives have been improved from this :)

halliesimpson1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I see so many sad kittens and cats in the shelter cages it is so responsable of you to spay her and give them a chance.

If you would like she could be a surrogate for an ophaned foster.
She was indeed pregnant, but she’s been spayed and microchipped and vaccinated. But I’ve been approved to foster a litter of 3 kittens which she is nursing. So hopefully 4 lives have been improved from this :)