Is She Giving Birth

KzGotEm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well first off she is a F3 Bengal not sure if different breeds make a difference or not. Well she I right @ or slightly over 60 day pregnant. She is usually not a loving cat but far from mean. Well she woke me up this morning and wanted under the blankets and didn't want me to stop rubbing her belly. Eventually she left and I found a wet spot in a chair she sleeps in, clearly not urine. Now she has been in birth box I built her for about a hour. Side note she has completely avoided this box until now. I'm not sure if cat labor is accompanied with pain meow or not but haven't heard any. I'm really looking for advice on how to know if she really is in labor. Additionally I've never had any pets give birth so I have no clue what so ever when the kittens will need to go to vet how frequently or anything. A little panicked currently. I myself had a doctor appointment today and jab cancelled to stay home and keep an eye on her. All tips, advice, knowledge, or anything is welcomed and appreciated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KzGotEm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you very much for the links. And so far 1 has popped out but don't want to disturb her until she comes out. I had plans to breed her but my old roommates F2 Bengal made it happen sooner than I wanted.

Also will definitely be spayed after liter.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
One kitten so far! Excellent. Make sure all kittens latch well and are nursing eventually.

KzGotEm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well total count is three. All healthy, nursing and highly active. Freya (mother) is doing well and showering them with affection.
tmp_27439-20170604_134823-366626861.jpg

KzGotEm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Last question. The mom died is currently and 40/40/20 split of raw meat, Rachel rays wetcat food then they snack on same brand organic set (I spare no expensive for the best). I'd there a better more nutrition brand for while she is nursing or do I need to change anything dietary wise

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The babies look big and healthy!

You can continue with the same diet, just more of it. She needs dry food out 24/7 to snack on between meals.

KzGotEm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok. Perfect I leave dry out constantly already. And just want out a stock piles food.

My biggest concern is that since conception the 2 mothers which are sisters and were inseparable had been very aggressive toward each other. I have them completely sepwrate now of course. But is it a concern or worry about them potentially trying to kill the others kittens?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would hope not, but I would not chance it while the babies are small since they've shown aggression to one another. :(

KzGotEm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes it's quite upsetting they were literally inseprable.

I highly appreciate all the help you've given me. And just because I like to show of my fur children her the father spooning with my female rescue pitty
tmp_11222-FB_IMG_1433147151269-366626861.jpg
tmp_11222-FB_IMG_1433147151269-366626861.jpg

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to see that they are doing well! I agree that you should keep the mom's and litters separated until they are older.

Has your roommate's cat been neutered yet?

KzGotEm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They have since then moved to a different state. But I can contact them and find out, they also breed pure bred shepards. Btw the way I'm in lower easten Tennessee they have moved to north western Virginia.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just checking because females can get pregnant again within a week of delivery. It's good that you don't have to worry.