Is Panacur Safe For 2 Week Old Kittens?

fdfurmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just took in four, roughly 2 week old kittens. I use Panacur for my adult cats and still have some. I read that it covers tape, hook, etc. Is it safe to use on kittens this young? If so, what dosage? Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fdfurmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you think they have much worms?
I don't think so but I read that they should be dewormed at 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 & 16 weeks. Is this right?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine were about 3 weeks when they were put on it for Giardia. I don't know the dose though. The shelter put the dose in little baggies for me to add to the formula daily.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
3 times is the usual, your recipe seems to be much. Also, deworm seldom as early as 2 weeks, even as there are dewormers supposed to be able to used on healthy 2+ weeks kittens.
Earler than this just in desperate cases, weighting the risks against each other. Ie, are they eaten alive, you dont look at the torpedoes, you take your chance....

Anyways, if htey dont seems heavily infested or you have reason to think so, my advice is you wait at least a couple of weeks with deworming. Mind the dosage. Even if you DO have Panacur for cats, a little kitten needs less than an adult.

I don't think so but I read that they should be dewormed at 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 & 16 weeks. Is this right?

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
When worming with Pyrantel it is every two weeks, three times at 4 weeks, 6 weeks, and 8 weeks. Panacur is used 3-5 days consecutively. You don't have to wait two weeks in between. I usually wait until they are around 4 weeks before worming with either wormer unless they have issues.