Is my cats surgery area looking ok?

Ireland111

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, My female cat recently got spayed and a hernia fixed at the same time 3 days ago and she won’t stop climbing on things.. The things aren’t very high it’s just a couple bins and I try to stop her as much as I can but I can’t keep an eye on her when I’m out or sleeping. The bottom of her incision site seems to be a little more open and redder then the rest of it and I panic pretty easily so I just need opinions on if everything looks ok. Also just a little while ago she had a little bit of blood in her excrements and I’m not sure if I should be worried about that or not.. Opinions are greatly appreciated!!!
90AD7E48-4DBD-4E09-A5A9-F7A6F7DC9A9E.jpeg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It honestly does NOT look that bad. While I see the area that you are talking about, it is small. It looks as if the external incision was closed with surgical glue, and a tiny bit of that has loosened. There will also be internal stitches. Unless it gets bigger, it should not be a problem. I do see dried serum and a tiny bit of dried blood, but that is not abnormal. Many spayed females have that, and it always worries us, until we've gone through several spays over time. The area around the incision is pinkish, but not an angry red, slightly puffy, but not overtly swollen. No puss (thick, and green or yellow, thin and clear or pinkish is not pus).

The blood in her stool may or may not be an issue. Depends on how much there was, and if it keeps happening. Watch this over the next 24 hours or so, and if it keeps happening, call your vet. He may want a stool sample, or to have her come in. Regardless, he can let you know what to do.